And we're back!

Main Menu

Languishing Eternally (VQ Game)

Started by ulmont, June 11, 2013, 12:25:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maximus

Played taxis to give France a card. No file

ulmont

Spain conquers the Philippines, builds a patrol in the Spanish Main, and commissions a fortress in Cuba.

Solmyr

English ships move out. French galleon may intercept in either location, will continue my impulse once Berkut decides.

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Berkut

How did 2 regulars of mine end up in Marseilles? And a galley in Brest?

0 rows returned

garbon

The regulars are my fault. Those were supposed to be in La Rochelle but looks like I fucked up when I did everyone's SD's.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Solmyr

Galley in Brest starts there in the scenario. Beats me why.

Quote4/5: Fleet North Sea to English Channel (no intercept possible)
5/5: Entire fleet attacks Calais

Hawkins and 4 galleons (9 dice) vs French galleon in Calais (3 dice). No file, Berkut can resolve and make his play after.

Habbaku

Quote from: Solmyr on June 29, 2013, 11:45:05 AM
Galley in Brest starts there in the scenario. Beats me why.

Ed actually explained this at some point.  The galley in Brest is supposed to be the old French navy that has seen better days.  The more modern ships were in Calais at the time.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

England spends a very large number of CPs to sink a galleon.

France: Play Card as Operations
#50: 4 / Council of Troubles
Playable if 5 land units controlled by Spain (other than Walloons) are in the Netherlands. Remove William of Orange from the map for the rest of the turn. Spain takes 8 Catholic Conversion attempts that affect spaces in the Netherlands. The first die is automatically a "6"; the rest are rolled randomly. Afterwards, Spain may regain political control of up to 3 unoccupied, non-key spaces currently under Protestant political control in the Netherlands. Give a +1 Card marker to the Protestant. Remove from deck if played as event.

Message from France:
3/4: 3 mercs in Calais
4/4: Merc in Rouen

0 rows returned

garbon

Holy Roman Empire: Play Card as Event
#71: 3 / Witchcraft
Draw and keep 1 random card from any other power OR Look at the cards in the hand of any other power and discard the card of your choice. Home cards can not be affected in either case.

Message from Holy Roman Empire:
Targeting the Ottos to take a card.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Maximus

Paid off the holy witches again.

Habbaku is up

Habbaku

Tried to convert, but it didn't really stick.  Calais and Antwerp go into unrest, at least.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Maximus

Habbaku

Patronage is random, Max.  You don't get to choose which scientist/artist you want.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

We went over this last turn, Ulmont.  You cannot build Walloons in Antwerp.

-J. R. R. Tolkien