News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languishing Eternally (VQ Game)

Started by ulmont, June 11, 2013, 12:25:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

France offers to marry Elizabeth de Valois to William of Orange in exchange for a card draw.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

garbon

The HRE accepts the a card draw from Spain in exchange for the diplo-mercs.

The HRE offers the betrothal of Anna of Saxony to the Earl of Arran in exchange for a card draw.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Habbaku

The Protestants accept both the French and HRE offers.  Will give the cards out shortly.

Off to Ottomans for any war declarations (doubt it).  Feel free to post out of order on that one...I doubt anyone's going to be declaring, so go ahead with SD as well.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

ulmont

Habbaku

Sending a file out with the diplo stuff.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Solmyr

Maximus

No DoW

SD: Sokollu +7r +2c to Belgrade

ulmont

Berkut

French SD is 1r from Paris to Rouen

0 rows returned

garbon

Question - I see where the HRE preference chits are but what do I do with them? Do I drag out, flipped over, the one that I want to my power card?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

ulmont

Quote from: garbon on June 14, 2013, 12:27:34 PM
Question - I see where the HRE preference chits are but what do I do with them? Do I drag out, flipped over, the one that I want to my power card?

Drag it to the "Special VP" section to the left of Maximilian, but otherwise, yeah, that's it.  If you're paranoid, right click on it to verify that you see "Release Ownership" rather than "Take Ownership."

Berkut

The best way I've found to make sure you have ownership set before something is placed on the map (in which case everyone can see if before you take ownership - this is relevant for treasures when you are Spain, for example) is to move them into your hand folder. That automatically assigns you ownership, then when you take it out of your hand and place it in the map, you already have ownership.

So when I am Spain, for example, when I place new treasures I pull them from the treasure folder into my hand, then drop them on the map.

0 rows returned

ulmont

Quote from: Berkut on June 14, 2013, 12:35:58 PM
The best way I've found to make sure you have ownership set before something is placed on the map (in which case everyone can see if before you take ownership - this is relevant for treasures when you are Spain, for example) is to move them into your hand folder. That automatically assigns you ownership, then when you take it out of your hand and place it in the map, you already have ownership.

So when I am Spain, for example, when I place new treasures I pull them from the treasure folder into my hand, then drop them on the map.

The HRE religious preference folder does the same for the HRE.

garbon

Habbaku

Protestants obviously have no SD.

Max is up to play.

-J. R. R. Tolkien