News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

LFFL 13

Started by katmai, May 30, 2013, 05:56:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Quote from: Neil on November 04, 2013, 11:47:17 AM
That's what happens though when you have an 18-team league.  You get a number of players who have injuries, or who couldn't draft a worthwhile team, or whose picks just didn't pan out.  Because of the size of the league, there's really not a lot they can do.  Next year we should probably go down to 10-12, and if the demand is there we can have two leagues.

If we have 2 leagues, we could institute a promotion/relegation system.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Admiral Yi

Weren't you guys begging for more players at the beginning of the season?  Doesn't make sense to shut out half-assed participants.

Besides, don't you all have he same chance of playing against a half ass?  Should even out in the end.

katmai

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 04, 2013, 01:34:10 PM
Weren't you guys begging for more players at the beginning of the season?  Doesn't make sense to shut out half-assed participants.

Besides, don't you all have he same chance of playing against a half ass?  Should even out in the end.

Was asking to get back to the bloated 18 team league.

As we are using 13 game regular season ideally should have 14 teams i'd guess
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Grey Fox

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 04, 2013, 01:34:10 PM

We have to accept that an 18-team league is too big & ultimately for ~8 participants, no fun.

Admiral Yi

Grey Fox

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 04, 2013, 02:28:28 PM
Why is it too big?

Player available after the draft mostly. As Neil pointed out, if you are unlucky & the injury bug hits your team or you had a bad draft you are out of luck. After a couple of weeks, having an under .500 record means you are out of the playoff picture & in a redraft league, there is no reason to keep on playing/paying attention. There is no way for you to improve your team as all available options are either a) poor or b) were already taken at the draft. The NFL is not a very deep league.

katmai

Why is it too big?

Only too big when douches don't actually manage their team.

katmai

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 04, 2013, 02:31:27 PM
There is no way for you to improve your team.

Sure there is, you just have to actually search for them.

Grey Fox

Quote from: katmai on November 04, 2013, 02:33:05 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on November 04, 2013, 02:31:27 PM
There is no way for you to improve your team.

Sure there is, you just have to actually search for them.

Yeah, I should have said easy way. I have less time this year to research player options & it really shows on my team record.

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: katmai on November 04, 2013, 02:32:32 PM
Why is it too big?

Only too big when douches don't actually manage their team.
Agreed.  I have now lost my 2nd RB, my top WR, my top TE, and had drafted for me horrible alternate WR's aside from Garcon.  Yet I'm hanging onto the last playoff spot and might even move up a bit this week if I manage to hold onto the lead.  (Go Bears! :lol: )  I skimmed the waiver wire and took some fliers on guys, a few of whom actually panned out.  Hell, I almost managed to nab the Bengals WR who had the monster week last week but went with a Dallas guy and a Detroit guy instead.  Whoops.  Also, right after the draft (which a lot of the problems came from because I missed) there was still plenty of talent on the waiver wire or guys who were worth stashing for later/handcuffs to injury prone guys.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Alcibiades

Yeah, I think 18 is just too many, even 14 would be a major improvement.  For instance I got lucky and there was 1(!) kicker available this week for my bye week. 

Often there are no defenses or starting players, whether running backs, tight ends, or even no.3 receivers in this league. 

Makes it difficult especially if you get off to a slow start.
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

sbr

derspiess

I won by a razor thin margin.  I'll take it.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

fhdz

There. I "fixed" my shitty "team".
and the horse you rode in on