Spain's $680 Million submarine can only dive, not resurface

Started by Syt, May 27, 2013, 11:27:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Yeah now I am watching all of that guy's videos.

Ok those videos on the City of London are just hilarious.  Got to love England.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Iormlund

I didn't know the bases in Cyprus had colonial status.

mongers

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on May 30, 2013, 09:39:52 AM
Quote from: mongers on May 29, 2013, 07:57:57 PM
Found it, now This is how you conduct an amphibious assault, also check out the large image in the link below the photo for the full details, whole thing expertly planned:

Indeed.  The followed the two key rules of any successful beach assault:

1) Pick an LZ with plenty of seating in the shade so that the officers can take noon tea safely on the beach.
2) Pick a target that doesn't have any missile inventory that could be unloaded on those neatly packed landing craft.

To be fair to them I couldn't spot anyone of them yet using the seating, though perhaps they're waiting for that machine to lay the last 6 foot of  canvas pathway so the waiter doesn't spill any beach cocktails.   :cool:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Brazen on May 30, 2013, 10:34:47 AM
Let's face it, though, the US's biggest technology contribution to future Asia Pacific warfare, the LCS, isn't up to much either.

:unsure:  They're just corvettes (or frigates if you're being a little generous).

Tonitrus

Quote from: Neil on May 30, 2013, 10:41:05 AM
Britain's colonies become Dominions, not a part of the UK.  At any rate, why would Britain want to emulate the failed examples of non-British colonial practices?  Only British practices have produced civilized results.

How does that jive with the Middle East/India-Pakistan? :hmm:

Neil

Quote from: Tonitrus on May 30, 2013, 05:47:41 PM
Britain's colonies become Dominions, not a part of the UK.  At any rate, why would Britain want to emulate the failed examples of non-British colonial practices?  Only British practices have produced civilized results.

How does that jive with the Middle East/India-Pakistan? :hmm:
Britain hardly had any time with the Middle East, and India was left half-finished.  Still, the more British parts of India are amongst the best parts of the third world.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Siege

Indeed.  I always wondered why only the brits managed to create civilized colonies.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Valmy

Quote from: Siege on May 30, 2013, 06:59:07 PM
Indeed.  I always wondered why only the brits managed to create civilized colonies.

Because of Britain's #1 national obsession: leaving Britain. 
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

The Larch

Quote from: Valmy on May 30, 2013, 12:33:04 PM
Yeah now I am watching all of that guy's videos.

Ok those videos on the City of London are just hilarious.  Got to love England.

The ones about gerrymandering and daylights saving time are great.

And the City of London is just bizarre.

Caliga

Quote from: Siege on May 30, 2013, 06:59:07 PM
What's wrong with Chile and Argentina (at least nowadays)? :hmm:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on May 31, 2013, 08:55:35 AM

Oh so Louisiana and Quebec are not civilized?!!111

Ok...point taken.

derspiess

Quote from: Caliga on May 31, 2013, 08:55:35 AM

Argentina has seen better days (FWIW they originally benefited quite a bit from strong British influence), though Chile is coming at a pretty nice clip.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Caliga

Caliga

Quote from: derspiess on May 31, 2013, 09:03:49 AM
Argentina has seen better days (FWIW they originally benefited quite a bit from strong British influence)
Yeah, didn't the Welsh settle Patagonia? :hmm:

derspiess

Quote from: Caliga on May 31, 2013, 09:06:13 AM
Quote from: derspiess on May 31, 2013, 09:03:49 AM
Argentina has seen better days (FWIW they originally benefited quite a bit from strong British influence)
Yeah, didn't the Welsh settle Patagonia? :hmm:

Correct, but Argentina rebounded from that nonetheless.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall