Breaking News - Reports of an Ongoing Terrorist 'Incident' in Woolwich,London.

Started by mongers, May 22, 2013, 01:48:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Brazen on May 22, 2013, 02:03:47 PM
It was a murder. Being committed by people "of Muslim appearance does not make it a terrorist attack.

The statements made by the person of Muslim appearance make it almost certain it was a terrorist attack.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote from: Josephus on May 22, 2013, 02:09:05 PM
It was a murder. Being committed by people "of Muslim appearance does not make it a terrorist attack.

Yes it does. And Britain and the US of A should immediately declare war on any nation of "Muslim" appearance.

No it doesn't or everytime a Muslim committed a crime it would be considered a terrorist attack.  The simple fact Muslim-looking dudes did it does not make it a terrorist attack.  Why exactly it matters so much whether or not a brutal murder was done out of terrorism or something else is beyond me but it seems to.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Josephus on May 22, 2013, 02:09:05 PM

Yes it does.

Presumably this is meant to satirize someone, but for the life of me I can't figure out who.

Legbiter

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

mongers

Seems fairly clear cut to me, a man, possibly a cadet, is attacked and murdered in broad daylight in front of many witness. One of the attackers then goes onto make a political statement to camera justifying their actions and appears to be in no hurry to flee the scene of the attack.

Not much of that has the hallmarks of a routine murder, domestic, drugs related or alcohol fuelled.  For want of a better term, an act of terror, seems to cover it better.
Or were none of the violence jaded population of SE10 terrorised by what happened ?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Valmy

Quote from: mongers on May 22, 2013, 02:30:21 PM
Seems fairly clear cut to me, a man, possibly a cadet, is attacked and murdered in broad daylight in front of many witness. One of the attackers then goes onto make a political statement to camera justifying their actions and appears to be in no hurry to flee the screen of the attack.

Not much of that has the hallmarks of a routine murder, domestic, drugs related or alcohol related.  For want of a better term, an act of terror, seems to cover it better.
Or were none of the violence jaded population of SE10 terrorised by what happened ?

Yeah I am not sure Brazen is going on about here.  The entire intent of this murder is political terrorism and the perps worked hard to make sure we all knew it.

11B4V

Quote from: mongers on May 22, 2013, 02:30:21 PM
Seems fairly clear cut to me, a man, possibly a cadet, is attacked and murdered in broad daylight in front of many witness. One of the attackers then goes onto make a political statement to camera justifying their actions and appears to be in no hurry to flee the scene of the attack.

Not much of that has the hallmarks of a routine murder, domestic, drugs related or alcohol fuelled.  For want of a better term, an act of terror, seems to cover it better.

:yes:
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Legbiter

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Martinus

Quote from: Legbiter on May 22, 2013, 02:36:10 PM
Yeah, cut down on the puns please.

Cut him some slack. People tend to lose their heads in situations like this - punning may be their coping mechanism.

Razgovory

I didn't know a knifing now counts as terrorism.  I guess Bush didn't keep us as safe from Terrorism as he claimed.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

11B4V

Quote from: Razgovory on May 22, 2013, 02:46:51 PM
I didn't know a knifing now counts as terrorism.  I guess Bush didn't keep us as safe from Terrorism as he claimed.

You're a retard.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Martinus

Quote from: Razgovory on May 22, 2013, 02:46:51 PM

Terrorism - like hate crimes - is determined by the intent, not the murder weapon.