Breaking News - Reports of an Ongoing Terrorist 'Incident' in Woolwich,London.

Started by mongers, May 22, 2013, 01:48:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

:wacko:

Whose dick do I have to suck around here to get the Ignore feature turned back on? :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on May 22, 2013, 03:19:00 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on May 22, 2013, 03:14:12 PM
Which motives constitute terror and which do not?

I'd say the motives very clearly demonstrated by the perps in this particular case constitute terror.

Retaliation?  "An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth."

I'm sorry I'm not engaging in enough group think for you guys.  This is the first time I've ever heard of a knifing being counted as a terrorist attack.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

Quote from: Caliga on May 22, 2013, 03:19:29 PM
:wacko:

Whose dick do I have to suck around here to get the Ignore feature turned back on? :)

That would be mine.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Razgovory

derspiess

If you're that fixated on the knife thing, what about the Daniel Pearl execution?  Was that not terrorism?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on May 22, 2013, 03:23:01 PM
I'm sorry I'm not engaging in enough group think for you guys.  This is the first time I've ever heard of a knifing being counted as a terrorist attack.

Um some of the most famous terrorist campaigns and attacks in history have been carried out with blades.  I can only assume you have spent your life deaf and blind in a cave somewhere?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on May 22, 2013, 03:26:02 PM
If you're that fixated on the knife thing, what about the Daniel Pearl execution?  Was that not terrorism?

See?  That's all you had to do.  Give me an example.  I accept that.  I'll chock this down as terrorism.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: derspiess on May 22, 2013, 03:26:02 PM

And the Italian guy and the Korean guy.  They ginzued a lot of of heads in Iraq.

Razgovory

Quote from: Valmy on May 22, 2013, 03:26:25 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on May 22, 2013, 03:23:01 PM

Um some of the most famous terrorist campaigns and attacks in history have been carried out with blades.  I can only assume you have spent your life deaf and blind in a cave somewhere?

I typically counted those as assassinations.

Razgovory

Now instead of all insulting me, you could have just followed Derspeiss's lead and tried to reason with me.  That's all it takes.

11B4V

Quote from: Razgovory on May 22, 2013, 03:35:47 PM
Now instead of all insulting me, you could have just followed Derspeiss's lead and tried to reason with me.  That's all it takes.

Quit playing dumb, then trying to get sympathy.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Razgovory

Quote from: 11B4V on May 22, 2013, 03:39:45 PM

Well, when I asked people to use reason, I meant people capable of it.

11B4V

Quote from: Razgovory on May 22, 2013, 03:44:35 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on May 22, 2013, 03:39:45 PM

Well, when I asked people to use reason, I meant people capable of it.

Raz vomit.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Razgovory

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive