Breaking News - Reports of an Ongoing Terrorist 'Incident' in Woolwich,London.

Started by mongers, May 22, 2013, 01:48:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Reports that an army cadet was attacked in the street and 'beheaded' by two men of 'muslim' appearance:

Live updating page here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-22630304
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

mongers

Man dead in suspected Woolwich terror attack

Graphic footage from ITV News shows a man with bloodied hands making political statements
Continue reading the main story
Related Stories
Latest - London machete attack Live
In pictures: Woolwich attack
Witness: 'He pulled a gun out' Watch

A man has been killed in a machete attack and two suspects shot by police in Woolwich, south-east London.

Prime Minister David Cameron said there were "strong indications that it is a terrorist incident" and the UK would "never buckle" in the face of such attacks.

Footage has emerged showing a man wielding a bloodied meat cleaver and making political statements.

There are unconfirmed reports that the dead man was a soldier.

Both French President Francois Hollande and MP Nick Raynsford said the dead man had been a soldier at Woolwich barracks.

The footage shown on the ITV website shows a man, dressed in a grey hooded jacket, saying: "We must fight them as they fight us. An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth."

He added: "I apologise that women have had to witness this today, but in our land our women have to see the same. You people will never be safe. Remove your government, they don't care about you."

Home Secretary Theresa May has summoned a meeting of the government's emergency response committee Cobra.

rest of report here:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-22630303

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

mongers

ITV News has video of the aftermath of the attack, a surreal situation with one of the attacks talking to a camera/camera phone. Also probably NSFW.

http://www.itv.com/news/update/2013-05-22/exclusive-video-man-with-bloodied-hands-speaks-at-woolwich-scene/

Neil

'Strong indications that this is a terrorist incident'?  Doesn't sound firm enough to me.  Congress should hold hearings.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

11B4V

Quote from: Neil on May 22, 2013, 01:57:54 PM
'Strong indications that this is a terrorist incident'?  Doesn't sound firm enough to me.  Congress should hold hearings.
Twat.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

mongers

Quote from: 11B4V on May 22, 2013, 01:52:51 PM
I take it they only got one of the suspects?

No it looks like that shot and arrested both attackers.

My guess at least on is your typical disaffected afro-carribean guy who's converted to islam.

11B4V

MadImmortalMan

One wonders, if Britain is so terrible then why is he there? Why not go someplace good?
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

merithyn

Quote from: 11B4V on May 22, 2013, 01:52:51 PM
I take it they only got one of the suspects?

Shot both. One's in serious condition; other is stable.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Brazen

It was a murder. Being committed by people "of Muslim appearance does not make it a terrorist attack.

MadImmortalMan

Sorry bad twitter formatting.

Boya Dee ‏@BOYADEE 4h

These times i was just going to the shop for some fruit and veg and i see all that!
Expand

Retweet
    Favorite

Boya Dee Boya Dee ‏@BOYADEE 4h

Then the next breda try buss off the rusty 45 and it just backfires and blows mans finger clean off... Feds didnt pet to just take him out!!
Expand

The first guy goes for the female fed with the machete and she not even ramping she took man out like robocop never seen nutn like it
Expand

Then thats how u know they were on sutn cos they actually went for armed feds with just two machete and an old rusty lookin revolver
Expand

Then boydem turn up!! Woolwich feds didnt want it... They had to wait for armed response.. Helicopters everyting...
Expand

People were asking whyyy whyyy they were just saying we've had enough! They looked like they were on sutn! Then they start waving a recolver
Expand

The two black bredas run this white guy over over then hop out the car and start chopping mans head off with machete!!
Expand

Mate ive seen alot of shit im my time but that has to rank sumwhere in the top 3. I couldnt believe my eyes. That was some movie shit
Expand

Oh my God!!!! The way Feds took them out!!! It was a female police officer she come out the whip and just started bussssin shots!!
Expand

Woolwich #se18 whyyyyyyyyyyy!!!! Fuck!!!! Right next to a primary school!
Expand

Ohhhhh myyyy God!!!! I just see a man with his head chopped off right in front of my eyes!
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

merithyn

Quote from: Brazen on May 22, 2013, 02:03:47 PM
It was a murder. Being committed by people "of Muslim appearance does not make it a terrorist attack.

I think it was yelling "Allahu Ahkbar!" repeatedly, telling people to video tape it, and decrying the government for their policies and killing Muslims that makes it murder by terrorists.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Josephus

Quote from: Brazen on May 22, 2013, 02:03:47 PM

Yes it does. And Britain and the US of A should immediately declare war on any nation of "Muslim" appearance.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011