Nigeria is slowly spiraling into civil war

Started by jimmy olsen, May 20, 2013, 11:02:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfred russel

Quote from: garbon on May 21, 2013, 11:42:41 AM
My comments have nothing to do with Hillary and her role in this.

It has to do with AR acting as though he know what should constitute adequate security in Benghazi

I've never intended to act as though I know what constitutes adequate security for an ambassador. However, I think there is plenty of evidence that what was in Benghazi was inadequate.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Queequeg on May 21, 2013, 12:51:53 AM
Actually, Wikipedia says that Christians are now the majority.  I'm going off a book from the mid-90s that I almost memorized as a kid that had them at 45%

lots of converts from islam there, as crazy as it sounds. And a decent amount of animists still left to be christianised too.

derspiess

Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on May 21, 2013, 12:41:23 PM
Quote from: Queequeg on May 21, 2013, 12:51:53 AM
Actually, Wikipedia says that Christians are now the majority.  I'm going off a book from the mid-90s that I almost memorized as a kid that had them at 45%

lots of converts from islam there, as crazy as it sounds. And a decent amount of animists still left to be christianised too.

Wiki seems to indicate it's roughly 50/50 Christian to Muslim.  Probably difficult to get a very precise count.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Maximus

Quote from: derspiess on May 21, 2013, 12:42:44 PM
Wiki seems to indicate it's roughly 50/50 Christian to Muslim.  Probably difficult to get a very precise count.

Back in the 90s I recall it being pretty close to 1/3 each for christian, muslim and animist, with muslims being slightly more and animists being slightly fewer. That's a pretty quick swing

Jacob

Quote from: Maximus on May 21, 2013, 12:57:55 PMBack in the 90s I recall it being pretty close to 1/3 each for christian, muslim and animist, with muslims being slightly more and animists being slightly fewer. That's a pretty quick swing

It could be that it's just a classification swing rather than a practice swing, as it were.