News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

LOL I got an ego boost

Started by Martinus, May 17, 2013, 06:15:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

We received an application letter from a summer trainee candidate applying for our department.

One of the paragraphs states that he would be "honored to work with such notable and recognized lawyers as Ms. [My Boss] and Mr. [Martinus]".  :lol:

Should we hire him or should this disqualify him? :P

Eddie Teach

I suppose you probably needed one after years of posting on Languish.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Phillip V

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Martinus

Quote from: Caliga on May 17, 2013, 06:45:11 AM
Is he gay?

No idea. In fact his Facebook profile is funny - all his interests, posts and everything in between is related to law - you cannot deduct anything about his likes, dislikes, political leanings, personal interests etc.

Well, you can deduct one thing - he only has two favorite books, "The Firm" and "Catcher in the Rye"* - so he is probably going to murder me and wear my skin.

*To the nitpicky grumblers out there - this is the only thing not related to law on his profile.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Martinus on May 17, 2013, 06:53:10 AM
so he is probably going to murder me and wear my skin.

I'm sure there'll be enough left over for a matching handbag, Chubbs.

Martinus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 17, 2013, 06:55:37 AM
Quote from: Martinus on May 17, 2013, 06:53:10 AM
so he is probably going to murder me and wear my skin.

I'm sure there'll be enough left over for a matching handbag, Chubbs.

FU  :lol:

CountDeMoney

Seriously though, Catcher in the Rye?  DANGER WILL ROBINSON DANGER

Tamas

I think this guy did a full profiling on Marty.

-caress Marty's ego
-then make sure his FB page looks like a serial killer's, so Marty gets all hot over the prospect of various torture and abuse he would have to endure from him

Genius.

Iormlund

Quote from: Martinus on May 17, 2013, 06:53:10 AM... all his interests, posts and everything in between is related to law ...

:bleeding:

Martinus

Martinus

Quote from: Tamas on May 17, 2013, 07:29:54 AM
I think this guy did a full profiling on Marty.

-caress Marty's ego
-then make sure his FB page looks like a serial killer's, so Marty gets all hot over the prospect of various torture and abuse he would have to endure from him

Genius.

The guy is actually quite good looking. :unsure:

OttoVonBismarck

Inside the walls of my massive bureaucracy such things don't matter, but I understand in many of the more highly sought after private sector positions it's basically standard for the employer to check out your social networking sites. I'd imagine any half-smart young professional these days is going to carefully craft all of their social media presence to make them look like good job candidates, and basically suppress or hide anything else. Even relatively innocuous personal information could hurt you because you never know what hiring manager may take a dislike to someone over something random (maybe you like a book he hates or something.)

merithyn

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on May 17, 2013, 08:07:42 AM
Inside the walls of my massive bureaucracy such things don't matter, but I understand in many of the more highly sought after private sector positions it's basically standard for the employer to check out your social networking sites. I'd imagine any half-smart young professional these days is going to carefully craft all of their social media presence to make them look like good job candidates, and basically suppress or hide anything else. Even relatively innocuous personal information could hurt you because you never know what hiring manager may take a dislike to someone over something random (maybe you like a book he hates or something.)

:yes:

Most of my job-seeking friends have two Facebooks. One for employers and family; one for everyone else.

They include family on the job-seeking one because that way they look like good, solid, family-oriented folks who are serious, studious, and yet loving and kind. *coughs*
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

HVC

Obviously his judgement is lacking and should not be hired :P
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.