And we're back!

Main Menu

LOL I got an ego boost

Started by Martinus, May 17, 2013, 06:15:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Quote from: fahdiz on May 17, 2013, 11:10:49 AM
Just what Marti needs: an ego boost.

I have a theory that Marty's dysfunctional behavior on Languish is a result of his self-loathing.

The Brain

Quote from: Tamas on May 17, 2013, 09:38:53 AM
Meh. You can have privacy settings which won't let non-friends see shit.

You think friends won't squeal on you to increase shareholder value?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

crazy canuck

Quote from: The Brain on May 17, 2013, 11:53:21 AM
Quote from: Tamas on May 17, 2013, 09:38:53 AM
Meh. You can have privacy settings which won't let non-friends see shit.

You think friends won't squeal on you to increase shareholder value?

:lol:

fhdz

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 17, 2013, 11:46:05 AM

I have a theory that Marty's dysfunctional behavior on Languish is a result of his self-loathing.

Maybe not self-loathing, but at least hyper-insecurity.
and the horse you rode in on

crazy canuck

Quote from: fahdiz on May 17, 2013, 01:01:05 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 17, 2013, 11:46:05 AM

Maybe not self-loathing, but at least hyper-insecurity.

Could the two not be connected?

Viking

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on May 17, 2013, 09:39:36 AM
Quote from: Viking on May 17, 2013, 09:36:11 AM
Quote from: Martinus on May 17, 2013, 06:15:54 AM
We received an application letter from a summer trainee candidate applying for our department.

One of the paragraphs states that he would be "honored to work with such notable and recognized lawyers as Ms. [My Boss] and Mr. [Martinus]".  :lol:

Should we hire him or should this disqualify him? :P

He is a fawning toady. If he had known the name of the head of HR he would have included that as well. Hiring Yes-Men is the first step in the long rout to ruin.

Presuming that Marty and his boss aren't actual well-known and respected lawyers.

:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

OhMyyy that just hit the spot.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Tamas

Fireblade's rumour has me believe that Marty earns TONS of money especially by polish standards. So he must be good at something, and he does have my respect for that.

The Brain

Quote from: Tamas on May 17, 2013, 02:16:14 PM
Fireblade's rumour has me believe that Marty earns TONS of money especially by polish standards. So he must be good at something, and he does have my respect for that.

A king of turds is still fecal matter at heart.

Martinus

Quote from: The Brain on May 17, 2013, 02:17:39 PM

That was mean. :(

The Brain

Quote from: Martinus on May 17, 2013, 02:24:23 PM
Quote from: The Brain on May 17, 2013, 02:17:39 PM

That was mean. :(

Relax, I don't think you're on the same level as turds.

Martinus

Quote from: merithyn on May 17, 2013, 09:52:03 AM
Quote from: Martinus on May 17, 2013, 09:48:40 AM

That's what Linkedin is for.

Yet you still went to his Facebook page.

But more out of human curiosity. If he had some ridiculous pictures or liked right wing politicians, I wouldn't use it against him in the hiring process. But I wanted to find out more about him - and I did not find anything of substance - just an empty suit. So as far as I am concerned, this is the worst he could have presented himself.

fhdz

It just may mean he is private and not an attention whore.
and the horse you rode in on

Caliga

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on May 17, 2013, 08:07:42 AM
Inside the walls of my massive bureaucracy such things don't matter, but I understand in many of the more highly sought after private sector positions it's basically standard for the employer to check out your social networking sites. I'd imagine any half-smart young professional these days is going to carefully craft all of their social media presence to make them look like good job candidates, and basically suppress or hide anything else. Even relatively innocuous personal information could hurt you because you never know what hiring manager may take a dislike to someone over something random (maybe you like a book he hates or something.)
Our HR people check Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and I think they may do Google searches on the candidate's name as well... all of this in addition to the usual background (criminal and credit) checks.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

garbon

Lots of white people show up if you google my name. -_-
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.