News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

LOL I got an ego boost

Started by Martinus, May 17, 2013, 06:15:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

Quote from: Caliga on May 17, 2013, 03:07:04 PM
Our HR people check Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and I think they may do Google searches on the candidate's name as well... all of this in addition to the usual background (criminal and credit) checks.

I am curious.  What does HR do if a person has no facebook or any of those other things?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Caliga on May 17, 2013, 03:07:04 PM
Our HR people check Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and I think they may do Google searches on the candidate's name as well... all of this in addition to the usual background (criminal and credit) checks.

It's actually a shame that social media has become so prevalent that if you say you don't have any, you get the same :yeahright: look you'd get when you told a potential employer that you've never taken illicit drugs.

Martinus

Quote from: fahdiz on May 17, 2013, 03:04:17 PM
It just may mean he is private and not an attention whore.

He has a blog and post daily on his Facebook... About law.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Martinus on May 17, 2013, 03:20:18 PM
Quote from: fahdiz on May 17, 2013, 03:04:17 PM
It just may mean he is private and not an attention whore.

He has a blog and post daily on his Facebook... About law.

Yeah, I can see why you would reject this guy. 

He would take your job one day.

Martinus

:rolleyes:

And yet he thinks I'm a preeminent laywer it would be an honor to work with. So is he brilliant or just a clueless schmoozer?

crazy canuck

Quote from: Martinus on May 17, 2013, 03:31:49 PM
:rolleyes:

And yet he thinks I'm a preeminent laywer it would be an honor to work with. So is he brilliant or just a clueless schmoozer?

:lol:

Through your vanity you cannot detect that someone has a form letter that says "It would be an honour to work with [fill in the blank]" and you just happen to be the blank in this case.

Martinus

I know that - and this makes him an idiot because everyone knows that.

It's you, fahdiz and merri who are trying to cast him in a good light despite the fact that he makes me sick, as I said from the very first post.

CountDeMoney

He's trying, dude.  Cut him some slack, nigga's trying to get a job.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Martinus on May 17, 2013, 03:35:57 PM

It's you, fahdiz and merri who are trying to cast him in a good light despite the fact that he makes me sick, as I said from the very first post.

He makes you sick because he blogs about the law?  He is applying for a legal position right?

Martinus

Yeah, well perhaps, CC just rubs me the wrong way (as always). But I do dislike people like this - I prefer to hire more modest/introvert people. Perhaps it's a cultural thing - but in Poland behaving like this guy makes you an asshole.

Martinus

Quote from: crazy canuck on May 17, 2013, 03:45:34 PM
Quote from: Martinus on May 17, 2013, 03:35:57 PM

He makes you sick because he blogs about the law?  He is applying for a legal position right?

I prefer well rounded quirky people to corporate clones.

The Brain

Don't hire him. He sounds like at best a robot and at worst an annoying go-getter.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Martinus

Besides, he really overshot the mark, as neither my boss nor I are tasked with hiring summer trainees - this is handled by a couple of associates. Sure, both my boss or I could intervene to have the guy hired, but now obviously even if we wanted, we wouldn't do it, because it would make it look as if his flattery worked. And the associates who are going to interview him are probably going to be jealous/annoyed by his brown nosing.

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on May 17, 2013, 03:57:12 PM
Besides, he really overshot the mark, as neither my boss nor I are tasked with hiring summer trainees - this is handled by a couple of associates. Sure, both my boss or I could intervene to have the guy hired, but now obviously even if we wanted, we wouldn't do it, because it would make it look as if his flattery worked. And the associates who are going to interview him are probably going to be jealous/annoyed by his brown nosing.

Why would that be horrible? :huh:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.