'Seeking Asian Female' Takes A Close Look At A Fetish

Started by jimmy olsen, May 15, 2013, 01:35:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: garbon on May 15, 2013, 06:18:20 PM

I like red hair but I think it'd be creepy if someone would only date redheads.

Why? You only date men, and that's not creepy.

I don't like the word creepy, actually. It's completely subjective and has a tendency to be wielded as a weapon.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

CountDeMoney

:lol: pussy-bleed. 

Despite being a 1% fanboi and Yankeetard, Otto's OK sometimes.

Barrister

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on May 15, 2013, 06:27:34 PM
Anyway, to respond to Jake's stupid pussy-bleed post.

America has a unique history that has lead to racial groups developing unique communities while also being part of the greater American whole. There aren't any immediate parallels in most other countries. The United States is really the only country I can think of that has had successive waves of immigration in which immigrants in numbers large enough to be a substantial portion of our population have come in and ultimately made up a large portion of the American demographic. I certainly know basically all countries in Asia, and Europe have simply never experienced such a thing. Europe, due to a combination of a declining or stagnant native population and increasing immigration from low income Muslim and Eastern European countries are now getting a taste of it but I think it takes several generations to see how it will play out.

In the rest of the Americas probably the only country with close to an experience like ours would be Brazil.

Canada.  And Australia have had massive amounts of immigration.

What was specific to the US (and Brazil) was slavery.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

garbon

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on May 15, 2013, 06:30:15 PM

I'm not sure everyone would agree with you. But at any rate, as something very atypical, it'd make me wonder why someone was limiting themselves so much. What exactly is causing them to fixate on that attribute.

I don't like the word creepy, actually. It's completely subjective and has a tendency to be wielded as a weapon.

Okay.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Jacob

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on May 15, 2013, 06:27:34 PM
Anyway, to respond to Jake's stupid pussy-bleed post.

I'm sorry I made you bleed :(

Besides that, most of your points were well taken.

Ideologue

Quote from: Tonitrus on May 15, 2013, 11:36:32 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 15, 2013, 08:01:53 AM
Quote from: Valmy on May 15, 2013, 07:45:45 AM
Somebody want to explain the difference between being attracted to and fetishizing?  And I am sort of taken aback that having a certain type you are attracted to is twisted somehow.

This is not the first time I have heard outrage over this before, as if non-asian men wanting to sleep with asian women is equivalent to the most vile racism, and I just do not get the horribleness of this.  How exactly is this any more creepy than Cal liking big boobs?

Yeah, I don't get it either;  it all falls under secondary sex traits.  Short hair, redhead, asian, bust size, etc.

And I don't see anybody stirring up any shit over the multitudes of women that won't date anybody under 5'10".

Meh, believe it or not, but height has never done me a damned bit of good.

That's because you're 7'2".  There's a happy medium.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Caliga

Otto, some of your facts were wrong.  For example, the first wave of German immigration to America began well before the American Revolution; nearly all of my German ancestors (and my dad's family is essentially 100% German/ic -- qualifier is because many of them were from Switzerland, Alsace, or Lorraine, but all spoke some Germanic dialect) were in America prior to 1740.  Also, I can't say for sure when "most" Germans assimilated but in the case of my dad's family, they definitely spoke German as their everyday language at least until WWI and I believe my grandfather still spoke it as his everyday language until he went to college, which was in 1942.  My dad grew up primarily speaking English, but his parents tried very hard to get him to learn German but he wasn't interested... my aunt speaks Pennsylvania Dutch German fairly well though.  Despite his lack of interest, when I was a kid he would typically yell at or give stern orders to my brother and I in German, which is probably him mimicing his dad.

Even today some of the Lutheran churches in central PA have occasional services in German, though I believe it's Pennsylvania Dutch which at this point isn't really related to any variety of continental German anymore.  Also, obviously you know that the Amish and some Mennonites still to this day speak German/Pennsylvania Dutch as their everyday language and are quite far from being totally assimilated.

Also, I know less about the Italian-American community but it seems very late to have them 'fully assimilating' by the 1970s.  I grew up in a community of mostly Jews and Irish and Italian Catholics and there's no way those kids weren't totally American even if they ate more lasagna than usual. :sleep:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ideologue

Quote from: Jacob on May 15, 2013, 02:00:03 PM
When I come across expressions of this - whether it's an American commenting on a relationship or a political analysis or cultural commentary or whatever - it feels a bit like it would if I had an old school Communist applying their analysis to all facets of life even in casual conversation; it's odd.  Like, you'd have stereotypes about what relationships between someone working class and a member of the intelligentsia is like; there'd be a lumpen proletariat caucus of the Writer's Guild; you'd commonly see lists in magazines of 10 great bourgeois dishes to try while cooking at home; dating site entries would include a your social class as standard practice; people would preface a statement with a "as a member of the rural working class..."; and so on.

That's pretty fucking hot.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

Concur.  It's the closest male equivalent of "slut."
Kinemalogue

Caliga

I like the first Indian chick the best, but why did she get to hide her boobs?  Not fair  :(
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Razgovory

Quote from: Valmy on May 15, 2013, 01:19:48 PM
Quote from: Lettow77 on May 15, 2013, 01:14:51 PM
I was surprised to see my name associated with this. I find asian women unattractive, and have objections to marrying one that are so significant to ensure I likely never would.

That is surprising I thought you were a Japanophile.  But I guess being one does not necessarily mean you want to marry a Japanese woman.

The key here is Women.  Lettow is definitely a closet case.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

Europeans seem to have quite a few hang ups about race.  Not as many as they did in the 1940's admittedly.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017