Main Menu

The Rand Paul Countdown to 2016 Megathread

Started by CountDeMoney, May 12, 2013, 09:30:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Tonitrus

garbon

I liked McCain saying it'd be a toss up for him if it came down to Hillary vs Rand.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Paul better watch it or Governor Hungry Heart's going to wipe his ass with that cutesy pie perm of his.

derspiess

Meh, it's 2013.  Let them fight it out.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

DontSayBanana

Quote from: DGuller on July 31, 2013, 04:41:44 PM
Missed it.  I guess what happened to Morsi's government is fated to be one of those unsolved mysteries.

So it'll end up on a weeknight History Channel show with Leonard Nimoy taking an hour to say "we don't know what happened?" :hmm:
Experience bij!

KRonn

Quote from: derspiess on July 31, 2013, 10:24:14 PM
Meh, it's 2013.  Let them fight it out.
Yeah, some early jockeying for position and trying to score some points, as always happens in political races.

Soon it will be Dems bashing on each other too, with maybe as Joe "back porch shotgun" Biden goes at it with Democrat heir apparent Hillary "stand by your man" Clinton.   ;)

Tonitrus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 31, 2013, 09:54:28 PM
Paul better watch it or Governor Hungry Heart's going to wipe his ass with that cutesy pie perm of his.

I, for one, look forward to having the heftiest President since Taft.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

DontSayBanana

Wanna know how we feel about Christie here in Jersey?  Just about any Letterman bit where he riffs on Christie is about right.  The man's 50% full of hot air, 50% full of Dairy Queen.
Experience bij!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: DontSayBanana on August 01, 2013, 07:40:06 PM
Wanna know how we feel about Christie here in Jersey?  Just about any Letterman bit where he riffs on Christie is about right.  The man's 50% full of hot air, 50% full of Dairy Queen.

Yeah, even for a distant spectator, Christie's act is worn out, so I can only imagine how it feels to a New Joisian.  But the dude trafficks in the truth.  And cookies.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 01, 2013, 07:43:08 PM
Yeah, even for a distant spectator, Christie's act is worn out, so I can only imagine how it feels to a New Joisian.  But the dude trafficks in the truth.  And cookies.

Also, think putting Christie in the White House would help get shit done in DC?  The dude's super-veto-happy.
Experience bij!

MadImmortalMan

The other party controls the legislature, you gotta expect lots of vetoes when that's the case.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

CountDeMoney

Quote from: DontSayBanana on August 01, 2013, 07:48:14 PM

Also, think putting Christie in the White House would help get shit done in DC?  The dude's super-veto-happy.

I stopped worrying about shit getting done in DC in November 2008.

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 01, 2013, 08:13:45 PM
Quote from: DontSayBanana on August 01, 2013, 07:48:14 PM

I stopped worrying about shit getting done in DC in November 2008.

True. Obama a'int done much of nothing.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".