News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 26, 2016, 09:06:58 PM
This one's just for you, derfetus--

--although, with your extensive collection of anti-Hillary propaganda, you probably already have it.

Surprised I had never seen that variation. It's usually a photoshopped KFC sign.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Jaron

If the unlikely happens and Clinton is indicted, the DNC will send Biden to save us from Bernie. I'm not worried.

Clinton has plenty to attack her on, but Biden is a bulldog and would chew Bernie and Trump up and spit them both out before breakfast.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

derspiess

I would pay good money to be present at a Trump vs. Biden debate.  That would be pure gold.

alfred russel

Quote from: Legbiter on May 27, 2016, 05:51:07 AM
:thumbsup:

Good thing he is drinking a diet coke. Otherwise, that meal would be unhealthy.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

derspiess

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Capetan Mihali

So what concessions can we Burlington Bernard supporters expect from Chappaqua Clinton, other than the shit-canning of Debbie Wasserman-Schultz (now that's she's done her Clintonian dirty work setting up the debates and can now be eliminated as no longer useful)?
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Tonitrus

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on May 27, 2016, 11:04:44 PM
So what concessions can we Burlington Bernard supporters expect from Chappaqua Clinton, other than the shit-canning of Debbie Wasserman-Schultz (now that's she's done her Clintonian dirty work setting up the debates and can now be eliminated as no longer useful)?

You'd think there might be more outrage that supporters of an old white guy were instrumental in firing a woman in a powerful position for political expediency.  :sleep:

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on May 27, 2016, 11:04:44 PM

Instead of dancing around like a cock tease your boy could drop a proposal on Hillary any times he wants to.  If you want to move policy you make deals.  If you want to jerk yourself off you chant slogans.

Capetan Mihali

The more delegates, the more leverage at the convention, it seems to me.   Especially as it (hopefully) keeps up the momentum of his supporters, who are the real ones at stake, i.e. the left-wing -- especially the economic left -- of the pool of prospective Democratic voters whose turn-out Clinton is going to need in a general election.  After this primary season, I don't think she can safely write off the "Bernie Bros" and expect to either win without them or have them trudge dutifully to cast a ballot for her.  So I don't see what's wrong with trying to get as good a footing as possible.  Especially given the uncertainty hovering over Clinton's emails... 
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Capetan Mihali

:rolleyes: "Uncertainty" is too strongly worded for you?  Maybe Martinus is right about you Rodham Clinton fanatics...

Admiral Yi

Leverage at the convention is diddly-fuck.