News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on May 26, 2016, 10:10:08 AM
Huh. Weird I figured Sanders was going to make big gains on June 7th. Well if California breaks even that is good news.

Good news for Bernie.  Hillary should be gaining ground at this point, not losing it.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Legbiter

Quote from: Jaron on May 26, 2016, 10:57:34 AMThis mean is truly despicable. He is willing to burn the entire DNC to the ground to get his moment in the sun. I don't know if I've ever seen a more selfish man in politics.

Eh, she primaried Obama all the way to the convention in '08. Surely she can handle Bernie for a couple more weeks before the coronation?  ^_^
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

garbon

Quote from: Legbiter on May 26, 2016, 11:16:38 AM
Quote from: Jaron on May 26, 2016, 10:57:34 AMThis mean is truly despicable. He is willing to burn the entire DNC to the ground to get his moment in the sun. I don't know if I've ever seen a more selfish man in politics.

Eh, she primaried Obama all the way to the convention in '08. Surely she can handle Bernie for a couple more weeks before the coronation?  ^_^

In the actual world, Hillary dropped out something like 2 months prior to the convention of '08.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on May 26, 2016, 11:11:31 AM
Quote from: Valmy on May 26, 2016, 10:10:08 AM
Huh. Weird I figured Sanders was going to make big gains on June 7th. Well if California breaks even that is good news.

Good news for Bernie.  Hillary should be gaining ground at this point, not losing it.

Not really. This is a virulently anti-establishment campaign. She should be getting destroyed. If she splits the rest of the primaries that is a decisive win.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Jaron

Hillary IS gaining ground.

She is poised for wins in NJ, PR and CA.

The Washington primary, while non binding, shows Sanders support in the Pacific NW is exaggerated. It also shows support for Clinton isn't waning.

Clinton beat Sanders in KY - a state that has very favorable demographics for Bernie.

Oregon - a state that should be receptive to Sanders platform more than any other - did not give him the margin of victory he needs. Last I checked it was a 12 point win. That's impressive, but it does not support the narrative that Clinton is crashing and Sanders is soaring.

Comrade Bernie is done. Let him wail in agony for another couple of weeks and we'll put this red menace to bed and focus on defeating Donald J. Trump.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on May 26, 2016, 11:48:42 AM
Not really. This is a virulently anti-establishment campaign. She should be getting destroyed. If she splits the rest of the primaries that is a decisive win.

In your mind.  If she can only manage to split the rest with Bernie, that ought to embolden Bernie's supporters.  You don't want her just "surviving" so she limps into the convention. 

A decisive win would be for her to win the rest decisively.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Barrister

For those following the horse-race, Clinton is again ahead of Trump in the RCP rolling average, 43.8 to 42.8

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton-5491.html
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Barrister

Quote from: derspiess on May 26, 2016, 12:00:19 PM
Quote from: Valmy on May 26, 2016, 11:48:42 AM

In your mind.  If she can only manage to split the rest with Bernie, that ought to embolden Bernie's supporters.  You don't want her just "surviving" so she limps into the convention. 

A decisive win would be for her to win the rest decisively.

These are the last primaries.  She doesn't need a decisive win - any old win would do.

SHe's in kind of a tough spot.  Sanders is all but mathematically eliminated.  Clinton doesn't want to push hard against Sanders (doesn't want to alienate his supporters), and doesn't want to spend a lot of $$$ if she doesn't have to.  But that gives Sanders some room to attack her without being attacked back.

derspiess

Barrister

frunk

Quote from: derspiess on May 26, 2016, 12:12:55 PM
You Woman Cardholders are delusional.

About what, that she's going to get the nomination?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on May 26, 2016, 07:34:24 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 25, 2016, 08:22:43 PM
Quote from: derspiess on May 25, 2016, 08:16:49 PM
That Hillary was blatantly lying when she claimed she complied with policy?

No, that she failed to comply with the Federal Records Act.

And lied about it.

Meh.

derspiess

Quote from: frunk on May 26, 2016, 12:15:41 PM
Quote from: derspiess on May 26, 2016, 12:12:55 PM
You Woman Cardholders are delusional.

About what, that she's going to get the nomination?

No.  She will get the nomination-- I won't argue that point.

derspiess

Martinus

Meanwhile, Trump gets to 1237 delegates - some of the unbound ones declared for him apparently.