Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaron

Quote from: Martinus on May 05, 2016, 02:06:40 AM
Quote from: Jaron on May 05, 2016, 01:50:08 AM
Quote from: Martinus on May 05, 2016, 12:41:30 AM
Hey Jaron, I read Breitbart only because they have been quite correct so far in their elections predictions. So surely they must be doing something right. :P

The site is a Trump mouthpiece. They were correct in their predictions but only coincidentally.

Every site is someone's mouthpiece. At least they are the mouthpiece of the guy who is winning.

kind and sensitive person
Winner of THE grumbler point.

citizen k

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on May 05, 2016, 01:54:20 AM
Quote from: Jaron on May 04, 2016, 10:37:01 PM
Really dude? What exactly is annoying about Team Hillary? Our appetite for trying to keep this country glued together somehow?

Your love of pantsuits.

And corruption.

Jaron

No evidence of corruption exists. Oh, did you mean "But she's a woman!" ? Yes, I knew that.

Martinus

Apparently #DropOutHillary is trending.  :lol:

Zanza

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Martinus

The problem with Languish is that it is predominantly (upper) middle class, and for such voters Hillary really is an ideal candidate. That is also why there is so much echo chamber here and inability to understand Trump's popularity (or writing it off, alternatively, on stupidity, racism, bigotry and fascism of other voters). But Trump's policies (even those that seemingly look like law-and-order policies, like his stance on illegal immigration) are actually aimed at helping the lower middle class/working class. Not by increasing minimum wage (because this will lead to inflation - and besides, most people do not want to work for the minimum wage for dignity reasons) but by decreasing the pressure on wages for low-skilled jobs illegal immigration has. Not by creating a green utopia, but by maintaining jobs in mining and creating new jobs in fracking. Not by ensuring the influx of cheaply produced goods from China, but by raising tarriffs so manufacturers have to bring the factories back to the US to be able to tap its consumer market.

The working class Trump's supporters see that, and see that Clinton would be an ideal president for the urban middle class professionals - but not for them.

Martinus

That's not to say Trump is right with his solutions or that he will succeed - but beware the cheap laugh if he is elected and then fails in a spectacular manner. Because what comes after him may be worse that the worst nightmares about him.

Jaron

Oh shut up. You don't know crap about US politics. Enough with the Breitbart/Milo talking points, troll.

Martinus

Quote from: Jaron on May 05, 2016, 03:20:24 AM
Oh shut up. You don't know crap about US politics. Enough with the Breitbart/Milo talking points, troll.
Do you have a maid?

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Jaron on May 05, 2016, 02:46:42 AM
Oh, did you mean "But she's a woman!" ?

No. I meant she's a woman who wears ugly clothes.  :P

Actually, the only annoying thing about the pro-Hillary camp is how hysterical you all get about Bernie Sanders. Like you'd vote Trump to avoid being placed in gulags.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on May 05, 2016, 03:30:24 AM
Quote from: Jaron on May 05, 2016, 02:46:42 AM
Oh, did you mean "But she's a woman!" ?

No. I meant she's a woman who wears ugly clothes.  :P

Actually, the only annoying thing about the pro-Hillary camp is how hysterical you all get about Bernie Sanders. Like you'd vote Trump to avoid being placed in gulags.

I'm in the pro-Hillary camp and I'd totally vote for Sanders before Trump. :huh:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Zanza

Quote from: Martinus on May 05, 2016, 03:15:51 AM
The problem with Languish is that it is predominantly (upper) middle class, and for such voters Hillary really is an ideal candidate. That is also why there is so much echo chamber here and inability to understand Trump's popularity (or writing it off, alternatively, on stupidity, racism, bigotry and fascism of other voters). But Trump's policies (even those that seemingly look like law-and-order policies, like his stance on illegal immigration) are actually aimed at helping the lower middle class/working class. Not by increasing minimum wage (because this will lead to inflation - and besides, most people do not want to work for the minimum wage for dignity reasons) but by decreasing the pressure on wages for low-skilled jobs illegal immigration has. Not by creating a green utopia, but by maintaining jobs in mining and creating new jobs in fracking. Not by ensuring the influx of cheaply produced goods from China, but by raising tarriffs so manufacturers have to bring the factories back to the US to be able to tap its consumer market.

The working class Trump's supporters see that, and see that Clinton would be an ideal president for the urban middle class professionals - but not for them.
Does he actually have working class support?
http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-mythology-of-trumps-working-class-support/

Martinus

Quote from: Zanza on May 05, 2016, 03:34:59 AM
Quote from: Martinus on May 05, 2016, 03:15:51 AM

Does he actually have working class support?
http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-mythology-of-trumps-working-class-support/

Someone's voting for him - it can't just be Milo and the KKK.

Jaron

Quote from: Martinus on May 05, 2016, 03:24:58 AM
Quote from: Jaron on May 05, 2016, 03:20:24 AM
Do you have a maid?

Yes