News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

He said it is going to be a politician - someone to make deals on the Capitol Hill. So presumably not Christie.

derspiess

Quote from: crazy canuck on May 04, 2016, 03:49:32 PM
Quote from: derspiess on May 09, 2013, 07:51:39 AM
Potential GOP field looks like it might be the best since 1988.  Rubio, Jeb Bush, Christie, Jindal, Scott Walker, and Rand Paul.

Haven't looked at potential Dems.  Who other than Hillary and Crazy Senile Joe has been mentioned?

I thought it would be interesting to see what people thought when this first started out.

We can only look back and weep...

I think you're the third or fourth to dredge that up.  And there probably will be three or four more ;)
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

crazy canuck

Quote from: derspiess on May 04, 2016, 04:16:34 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on May 04, 2016, 03:49:32 PM
Quote from: derspiess on May 09, 2013, 07:51:39 AM
Potential GOP field looks like it might be the best since 1988.  Rubio, Jeb Bush, Christie, Jindal, Scott Walker, and Rand Paul.

Haven't looked at potential Dems.  Who other than Hillary and Crazy Senile Joe has been mentioned?

I thought it would be interesting to see what people thought when this first started out.

We can only look back and weep...

I think you're the third or fourth to dredge that up.  And there probably will be three or four more ;)

Ok, but I am not sure what is wrong with it.  You are a confirmed Republican right wing type.  You thought things looked pretty good.  Nobody could have imagined what would actually happen.  ie it was not meant as a criticism of you. Its not like there was somebody singing the praises of Trump.

derspiess

All those guys looked pretty positive at the time.  Even Jeb.  I still think three of them could have done well under different circumstances.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Phillip V

Quote from: celedhring on May 04, 2016, 04:05:08 PM
So, moving on towards the future. What will the ticket be? Will Christie get his reward for all the grovelling and humiliation? Or will Trump get somebody palatable to the party establishment to entice more traditional Republican voters? Will he nominate somebody outrageous like Ivanka or a horse?

Governor John Kasich of Ohio  (former U.S. Congressman)
Governor Rick Scott of Florida

derspiess

I say he gets the Rent Is Too Damned High guy to run with him.

Admiral Yi

Neither Christy or Guliani give him any geographic balance.  Where is that one Congressman who endorsed him from?  Arizona?

My hunch is he's going to pick a wacko, maybe from business or the military.

Legbiter

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

merithyn

Quote from: derspiess on May 04, 2016, 02:52:14 PM
Not offended.  Just lamenting that you guys are already lapping up everything Hillary throws out there.  Just-- please-- if you start laughing at her jokes, do it under your breath.

I've been a Hillary fan for the last 20 years. That's not going to stop now.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

garbon

Quote from: merithyn on May 04, 2016, 05:25:30 PM
Quote from: derspiess on May 04, 2016, 02:52:14 PM
Not offended.  Just lamenting that you guys are already lapping up everything Hillary throws out there.  Just-- please-- if you start laughing at her jokes, do it under your breath.

I've been a Hillary fan for the last 20 years. That's not going to stop now.

:hug:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

merithyn

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on May 09, 2013, 01:10:44 PM

Rand Paul is a fruitcake.  It's nice that he is socially moderate but just say the word "Fed" and he starts speaking in tongues.

What does it say that two years ago, Rand Paul was the fruitcake, and now he's actually considered mostly reasonable?

Oh, how far we as a nation have fallen.... :weep:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Razgovory

Quote from: viper37 on May 04, 2016, 03:31:46 PM
Quote from: Valmy on May 04, 2016, 03:01:45 PM
Quote from: Martinus on May 04, 2016, 02:56:16 PM
So I can either despair, fret and worry, or have fun.

Why would you despair, fret, or worry? You don't live in the US. :hmm:

So of course you are going to find somebody else's poor fortune entertaining.
He will have lots of fun when the russian tanks start rolling down Warsaw, all cozied up in his Paris flat, he will laugh at the morons in Poland who did not leave in time.

Oh, we'll launch an Operation Keelhaul on his ass.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Admiral Yi

CNN reporting Trump has named Fat Boy and Uncle Ben to head his VP search committee.

How the fuck did Uncle Ben end up in Trump's camp?

FunkMonk

Gotta stay in the news to sell more books!
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Jaron

Uncle Ben traded an endorsement for a sweet spot in Trump's court.

Can we please ban Martinus until after November? I can't stand watching him gloat all smugly over every state Trump wins. He gets his news from Breitbart and thinks its a nice balanced source. Someone needs to pull that guys head out of his ass.
Winner of THE grumbler point.