News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

ok, same question to you as I asked BB. What do you base that on?

Barrister

Quote from: crazy canuck on May 04, 2016, 01:29:10 PM

"Because it's 2015" - umm dude, that's not actually an answer.

"Evidence-based policies" - that just so happen to be what the Liberals have always stood for
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Jacob

Quote from: Barrister on May 04, 2016, 01:36:01 PM

"Evidence-based policies" - that just so happen to be what the Liberals have always stood for

How do those show that he thinks he's a genius?

The first is a good sound bite, succinctly summarizing a particular position in a way that appeals to his supporters.

The second was - as I understand it - a bit of a rebuke to Harper putting an end to the long-form census and for butting heads with and muzzling the scientific establishment in various ways. Again, how does that show he has an over-inflated notion of his own genius?

Seems to me you are just bothered by the fact that he's good looking, confident, well-liked, and successful (which, to be honest, are pretty annoying traits in a political opponent).

DGuller

It's that quantum computing explanation, isn't it? :console:

derspiess

Quote from: Jacob on May 04, 2016, 01:00:58 PM
Yeah, but we're talking about the degree to which the Republican establishment is going to come around to Trump between now and the general. I'm obviously interested in the degree to which GOP voters who didn't support Trump will follow that path as well, so I was wondering where Spicy stands now, as a point of comparison over the course of the next year.

Difficult for me to articulate.  There is the temptation to vote Trump just because certain people will leave the country/lose their shit if it happens.  As I mentioned, his first ten days or so as Prez would be fun. 

But just, no.  Hillary is no better in my mind, but at this moment at least I can't imagine actually filling in the square next to Trump's name.  Ask me again September 15.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

crazy canuck

Quote from: Barrister on May 04, 2016, 01:36:01 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on May 04, 2016, 01:29:10 PM

Best you have?

Jacob

Quote from: derspiess on May 04, 2016, 02:10:18 PM
Difficult for me to articulate.  There is the temptation to vote Trump just because certain people will leave the country/lose their shit if it happens.  As I mentioned, his first ten days or so as Prez would be fun. 

But just, no.  Hillary is no better in my mind, but at this moment at least I can't imagine actually filling in the square next to Trump's name.  Ask me again September 15.

Understood.

Yeah, I'll ask you again a few times between now and then :)

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on May 04, 2016, 10:14:25 AM
Quote from: derspiess on May 04, 2016, 10:10:05 AM
How would a bad election year spell the end of the GOP?  We have such a strong two-party system that the GOP will bounce back; whatever damage Trump is doing or will do won't be permanent.  I mean, just imagine the first mid-term election under a Hillary presidency.

No idea. The GOP survived Harding Nixon they can survive this.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Martinus

This is going to be fun watching now liberals try to stop Trump.  :lol:

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Martinus on May 04, 2016, 02:38:32 PM
This is going to be fun watching now liberals try to stop Trump.  :lol:

...and centrists, and conservatives.

Martinus

Well, they already tried and failed. Now it's going to be fun with liberals. Like, this tweet, where an establishment crony, Hillary, is relying on opinions of other establishment cronies. Opinions that failed to stop Trump in a spectacular way, among voters who actually care what Cruz, Rubio and Romney have to say. So it is surely going to be effective with independent voters who couldn't care less about those three. It's fun to watch.

But as derspiess have said, Trump's campaign is on its last legs. It's going to implode any time now.  :lol: