2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 04, 2016, 02:40:20 PM
Quote from: Martinus on May 04, 2016, 02:38:32 PM
This is going to be fun watching now liberals try to stop Trump.  :lol:

...and centrists, and conservatives.

Heh. I guess I don't need to ask you where you stand with Trump the GOP candidate...

Jacob

Quote from: derspiess on May 04, 2016, 02:52:14 PMNot offended.  Just lamenting that you guys are already lapping up everything Hillary throws out there.  Just-- please-- if you start laughing at her jokes, do it under your breath.

One video hardly counts as "lapping up everything". It's pretty on point too, whatever the source.

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on May 04, 2016, 02:52:14 PM
Not offended.  Just lamenting that you guys are already lapping up everything Hillary throws out there.  Just-- please-- if you start laughing at her jokes, do it under your breath.

If you think I enjoy her speeches and jokes you are very mistaken.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

viper37

Quote from: crazy canuck on May 04, 2016, 01:29:10 PM
ok, same question to you as I asked BB. What do you base that on?
His realizations so far.  His unprepared speeches.  His reactions to terrorist attacks in France, Belgium and Canada.  His general lack of skills when he is forced to improvise, when there is no one to tell him what to say.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: Valmy on May 04, 2016, 03:01:45 PM
Quote from: Martinus on May 04, 2016, 02:56:16 PM
So I can either despair, fret and worry, or have fun.

Why would you despair, fret, or worry? You don't live in the US. :hmm:

So of course you are going to find somebody else's poor fortune entertaining.
He will have lots of fun when the russian tanks start rolling down Warsaw, all cozied up in his Paris flat, he will laugh at the morons in Poland who did not leave in time.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: Jacob on May 04, 2016, 01:43:59 PM
The second was - as I understand it - a bit of a rebuke to Harper putting an end to the long-form census and for butting heads with and muzzling the scientific establishment in various ways. Again, how does that show he has an over-inflated notion of his own genius?
not much as changed on this.  We get the long form of the census, ok.  Scientists are free to talk, ok.  We still prioritize commercial research over fundamental research, ignoring the link between both.  On the transparency front, the government only releases what suits it.  Anything contradicting official party doctrine is not published.

viper37

crazy canuck

Quote from: viper37 on May 04, 2016, 03:34:37 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on May 04, 2016, 02:13:05 PM
Best you have?
he's been PM for 6 months.

You guys made the claim - now its time to demonstrate it is based on something more than just dislike for the guy  ;)

crazy canuck

Quote from: derspiess on May 09, 2013, 07:51:39 AM
Potential GOP field looks like it might be the best since 1988.  Rubio, Jeb Bush, Christie, Jindal, Scott Walker, and Rand Paul.

Haven't looked at potential Dems.  Who other than Hillary and Crazy Senile Joe has been mentioned?

I thought it would be interesting to see what people thought when this first started out.

We can only look back and weep...

Jacob

Quote from: crazy canuck on May 04, 2016, 03:39:02 PM
You guys made the claim - now its time to demonstrate it is based on something more than just dislike for the guy  ;)

Yeah, while the listed things may or may not be valid criticism of the guy it doesn't support the claim that BB and Viper made that "he thinks he's a genius".

Valmy

Quote from: Viking on May 09, 2013, 08:24:48 AM
Quote from: derspiess on May 09, 2013, 07:51:39 AM
Potential GOP field looks like it might be the best since 1988.  Rubio, Jeb Bush, Christie, Jindal, Scott Walker, and Rand Paul.

Haven't looked at potential Dems.  Who other than Hillary and Crazy Senile Joe has been mentioned?

Rubio - tea partier and latino. Unlikely to appeal to middle america and likely to reduce the enthusiasm of the nativists of the Republican Party
Jeb Bush - tainted
Christie - will be primaried to death
Jindal - too stupid to not fuck up
Scott Walker - has unions pre-riled up, but best option from your list
Rand Paul - tained, tea partier, nota team player

none of them look good to me. Rick Santorum still polls better than all but Rubio, Bush and Christie.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2013/04/30/2016-poll-hillary-clinton-lapping-potential-democratic-field/

Hillary seems to dominate the democratic field, but then again, she dominated the democratic field in 2005 (three years before) as well.

Viking seemed on point :hmm:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

crazy canuck

Yeah, Viking was pretty good.

Berkut was bang on

Quote...I am going to be as anti-Republican as I have ever been in my entire life.

celedhring

So, moving on towards the future. What will the ticket be? Will Christie get his reward for all the grovelling and humiliation? Or will Trump get somebody palatable to the party establishment to entice more traditional Republican voters? Will he nominate somebody outrageous like Ivanka or a horse?

crazy canuck

Quote from: celedhring on May 04, 2016, 04:05:08 PM
So, moving on towards the future. What will the ticket be? Will Christie get his reward for all the grovelling and humiliation? Or will Trump get somebody palatable to the party establishment to entice more traditional Republican voters?

Question - can he name himself  :D

DGuller

Quote from: DGuller on July 19, 2015, 01:43:16 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 19, 2015, 11:03:40 AM
Quote from: DGuller on July 19, 2015, 08:37:48 AM
I'll bet against Trump.  To me, the only question is at what point does his clown act wear out his welcome.  So, $20 to me if Trump doesn't get the nomination, $200 to you if he does?

No good.  I'm short on that bet too.
So you were offering me to go long on this?  Do I look like a moron?  :mad:
:hmm: