News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

Quote from: derspiess on May 04, 2016, 12:18:42 PM
Trump is on his last legs.  His campaign will implode any minute now.

What's your take on him? How on board the Trump Train are you at this point?

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Jacob on May 04, 2016, 11:54:38 AM
Quote from: Grinning_Colossus on May 03, 2016, 08:34:01 PM...analogous to hockey and soccer nets

Can't speak for hockey, but "the net" is perfectly acceptable for soccer.

The net and the goal may be interchangeable for the physical object, but you wouldn't refer to scores as "nets" I don't think.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Barrister

Quote from: crazy canuck on May 04, 2016, 12:51:12 PM
Quote from: Barrister on May 04, 2016, 12:49:21 PM
Quote from: Jacob on May 04, 2016, 12:44:38 PM
Quote from: viper37 on May 04, 2016, 12:43:59 PMSo far, it has worked fine for Justin Trudeau.

:lmfao:

Are you laughing at viper's line, or at viper for making the comment? :hmm:

Really?  Do you think Trudeau  has wrecked everything he has touched and is convinced of his own genius?

"wrecked everything he has touched" is far too strong, but he has had an utterly unremarkable career before entering politics, and he does seem convinced of his own genius.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Jacob

Quote from: Barrister on May 04, 2016, 12:49:21 PMAre you laughing at viper's line, or at viper for making the comment? :hmm:

At viper for making the comment, silly.

Barrister

Quote from: Jacob on May 04, 2016, 12:52:13 PM
Quote from: derspiess on May 04, 2016, 12:18:42 PM
Trump is on his last legs.  His campaign will implode any minute now.

What's your take on him? How on board the Trump Train are you at this point?

He's said he's #FeeltheJohnson train.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Barrister on May 04, 2016, 12:52:52 PM
Quote from: viper37 on May 04, 2016, 12:43:59 PMSo far, it has worked fine for Justin Trudeau.

Really?  Do you think Trudeau  has wrecked everything he has touched and is convinced of his own genius?

and he does seem convinced of his own genius.

Why do you think that?

Jacob

Quote from: Barrister on May 04, 2016, 12:52:52 PM"wrecked everything he has touched" is far too strong, but he has had an utterly unremarkable career before entering politics, and he does seem convinced of his own genius.

"Wrecked everything he has touched" is not remotely related to "utterly unremarkable career."

As for being convinced of his own genius, that's just a load of partisan BS - sounds like jealousy of the somewhat over the top attention he's been getting in some quarters rather than anything substantial.

Also... this really should be in the Canadian politics thread.

Berkut

Quote from: Valmy on May 04, 2016, 11:53:28 AM
Quote from: Martinus on May 04, 2016, 11:49:46 AM
I think he would be a better President than people fear.

He has wrecked basically everything he has managed in his entire career. He is a totally inexperienced neophyte convinced of his own genius.

It is pretty much the worst possible combination of attributes you could imagine in a POTUS. Infinite ego combined with incredible incompetence.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Jacob

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on May 04, 2016, 12:52:37 PM
The net and the goal may be interchangeable for the physical object, but you wouldn't refer to scores as "nets" I don't think.

No you wouldn't, but you wouldn't refer to basketball scores as "hoops" either would you? Or am I misunderstanding you?

In soccer, referring to the physical goals as "nets" is correct to my ears - in fact, using "goals" for the physical objects sounds off.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Jacob on May 04, 2016, 12:56:51 PM
Also... this really should be in the Canadian politics thread.

If Trudeau can make it to the Obama's speech he can make it into this thread.

Jacob

Quote from: Barrister on May 04, 2016, 12:53:36 PM
He's said he's #FeeltheJohnson train.

Yeah, but we're talking about the degree to which the Republican establishment is going to come around to Trump between now and the general. I'm obviously interested in the degree to which GOP voters who didn't support Trump will follow that path as well, so I was wondering where Spicy stands now, as a point of comparison over the course of the next year.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Jacob on May 04, 2016, 12:59:06 PM
No you wouldn't, but you wouldn't refer to basketball scores as "hoops" either would you? Or am I misunderstanding you?

In soccer, referring to the physical goals as "nets" is correct to my ears - in fact, using "goals" for the physical objects sounds off.

I think GC was using scores in all his examples, though not sure as this thread has buried the post pretty fast.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on May 04, 2016, 01:04:30 PM
I think GC was using scores in all his examples, though not sure as this thread has buried the post pretty fast.

No, installations.  Football forks refers to the goal posts.

viper37

no, only the last part would apply, I've corrected my edit.  I still think he knows less than Jon Snow while he's convinced of his own genius.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.