News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

So can anyone explain to me what the hell is Kasich still doing in this race?

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Martinus on May 04, 2016, 12:13:33 AM

If he stays in he's garunteed speaking time at the convention. Maybe he'll denounce Donald as a Fascist during his speech?

Probably not, likely he's gunning for the VP spot.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Habbaku

Quote from: Martinus on May 04, 2016, 12:00:59 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 03, 2016, 07:35:39 PM
Cruz is dropping out! :o

I bet according to the Berkut & Habbaku Languish power couple this means that people clearly want Kasich.

You really can't help but be as dishonest as possible, can you?  It's actually quite sad. I feel bad for you.  :(
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Phillip V

Quote from: Martinus on May 04, 2016, 12:13:33 AM

The people of Ohio should demand he resign.  There is really no more excuse for ignoring what should be his full-time job as Governor.

Monoriu

I am wondering, are the three Bushes, Ted Cruz, Mitt Romney, John McCain, Paul Ryan, Dick Cheney, the republican governors, senators and congressmen going to put on red "Make America Great Again" caps, praise Mr Donald Trump and kiss his ring during the party convention?

Also, imagine that it isn't Obama, but Trump visiting the UK Royal family.  That 90+ year old Prince Philip drives Trump around.  That cute Prince George in a bathrobe shakes Trump's hand.  Or maybe next time they'll send little Princess Charlotte to meet President Trump.  Somehow that doesn't look like a pretty picture to me. 

Martinus

Quote from: Monoriu on May 04, 2016, 01:45:05 AM
I am wondering, are the three Bushes, Ted Cruz, Mitt Romney, John McCain, Paul Ryan, Dick Cheney, the republican governors, senators and congressmen going to put on red "Make America Great Again" caps, praise Mr Donald Trump and kiss his ring during the party convention?

Also, imagine that it isn't Obama, but Trump visiting the UK Royal family.  That 90+ year old Prince Philip drives Trump around.  That cute Prince George in a bathrobe shakes Trump's hand.  Or maybe next time they'll send little Princess Charlotte to meet President Trump.  Somehow that doesn't look like a pretty picture to me.

The Queen and the British royal family shook hands with some of the worst butchers and human rights violators in the history of mankind. Somehow I think they will survive a meeting with a TV personality realtor from New York.  :rolleyes:

Jaron

Quote from: Martinus on May 04, 2016, 02:57:25 AM

The Queen and the British royal family shook hands with some of the worst butchers and human rights violators in the history of mankind. Somehow I think they will survive a meeting with a TV personality realtor from New York.  :rolleyes:

kind and sensitive person
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Monoriu

Did Prince George personally meet those people?

Martinus

Quote from: Monoriu on May 04, 2016, 03:26:43 AM

Who the fuck cares whom a six year old in a bathrobe met? As far as I am concerned he and his entire family should have been sent to a guillotine long time ago.

Martinus

Incidentally, why do celebrities threatening to leave the US if so-and-so is elected always plan to go to Canada and never to Mexico? Are they racist or something?  :hmm:

Eddie Teach

1 High murder rate in Mexico.
2 Different language.
3 Hot as fuck.

If I was gonna do that, I'd say I'm going to Australia.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Zanza

Monoriu

Quote from: Martinus on May 04, 2016, 03:28:00 AM
Quote from: Monoriu on May 04, 2016, 03:26:43 AM

Who the fuck cares whom a six year old in a bathrobe met? As far as I am concerned he and his entire family should have been sent to a guillotine long time ago.

1. He is less than 3 years old.

2. The bathrobe has been sold out.  So a lot of people care.  I care. 

3. I believe Obama is the only foreign dignatory that Prince George has personally met.  So far.  The problem I see is that, if the US chooses Trump to be their next president, the sight of President Trump meeting Prince George would be ... somewhat problematic. 

Legbiter

Yes.

While bending the knee.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Monoriu on May 04, 2016, 03:41:29 AM
3. I believe Obama is the only foreign dignatory that Prince George has personally met.  So far.  The problem I see is that, if the US chooses Trump to be their next president, the sight of President Trump meeting Prince George would be ... somewhat problematic.

Only for silly buggers who obsess over the royals.

I see Legbiter's off in his personal fantasy land again.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?