News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zanza

HVC

Not enough references to Mexicans or a wall. Definitely ghost written.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Zanza

Also not referencing "Lyin' Ted" but Mr. Cruz.

Apparently Colorado has always chosen their delegates this way?

Admiral Yi

The hired guns Trump recently took on board are earning their paychecks.

Berkut

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 15, 2016, 12:44:16 PM

Indeed. I think Trump has realized that it is probably time to start being a bit more of a grown up in his tone, and is letting others speak for him, which is a smart move.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

alfred russel

Quote from: Zanza on April 15, 2016, 12:29:22 PM
He certainly has a point there.

Not really. He just throws out a bunch of bullshit and it sounds good but it isn't really based in reality.

He isn't self funding his campaign. "Responsible leaders should be shocked by the idea that party officials can simply cancel elections in America if they don't like what the voters may decide"--that isn't why a traditional primary was not held in Colorado. "Mr. Cruz has toured the country bragging about his voterless victory in Colorado"--it wasn't voterless--it was just that the votes were at the county conventions, and there were such a large number of delegate candidates that people needed to organize to be effective. The Cruz people did so effectively, the Trump people did not. "What we are seeing now is not a proper use of the rules, but a flagrant abuse of the rules. Delegates are supposed to reflect the decisions of voters, but the system is being rigged by party operatives with "double-agent" delegates who reject the decision of voters." I think that is not the case, both in what they are supposed to do and that it is being rigged by "party operatives" versus the Cruz campaign being effective wrangling delegates.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

FunkMonk

Donnie is really whiny. Wow. What a whiner. Makes you think, doesn't it??
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Habbaku

Quote from: alfred russel on April 15, 2016, 01:03:23 PM
Quote from: Zanza on April 15, 2016, 12:29:22 PM
He certainly has a point there.

Not really. He just throws out a bunch of bullshit and it sounds good but it isn't really based in reality.

He isn't self funding his campaign. "Responsible leaders should be shocked by the idea that party officials can simply cancel elections in America if they don't like what the voters may decide"--that isn't why a traditional primary was not held in Colorado. "Mr. Cruz has toured the country bragging about his voterless victory in Colorado"--it wasn't voterless--it was just that the votes were at the county conventions, and there were such a large number of delegate candidates that people needed to organize to be effective. The Cruz people did so effectively, the Trump people did not. "What we are seeing now is not a proper use of the rules, but a flagrant abuse of the rules. Delegates are supposed to reflect the decisions of voters, but the system is being rigged by party operatives with "double-agent" delegates who reject the decision of voters." I think that is not the case, both in what they are supposed to do and that it is being rigged by "party operatives" versus the Cruz campaign being effective wrangling delegates.

If you're going to do a line by line response, why not put in some breaks?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Razgovory

Quote from: Savonarola on April 14, 2016, 09:25:50 AM

This comic strip ran in 1953 (when Donald Trump was 7).  Did Charlie Brown grow up to become Donald Trump?  :(

Before the nuclear regulatory commission was founded, there were lots of bald children like this.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Martinus

Quote from: Habbaku on April 15, 2016, 11:35:31 AM
Quote from: Legbiter on April 15, 2016, 07:11:04 AM
Dosen't matter, short of Clinton dropping dead, Sanders will get superdelegated out of the nomination. The Dems have this weird Iranian-style system where  voters participate in some sort of ritualistic placebo voting while party leaders select the candidate.

Yet Clinton has clearly won a majority of the votes thus far.  Do the Sanders supporters just ignore that in their zeal?  Or are they clueless?

Yes. They are also not very good at maths.

Martinus

Quote from: Berkut on April 15, 2016, 12:45:10 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 15, 2016, 12:44:16 PM

Indeed. I think Trump has realized that it is probably time to start being a bit more of a grown up in his tone, and is letting others speak for him, which is a smart move.

As I said, I think he is more or less consciously playing out a story arc for his character. We are now in act 2 - the Empire Strikes Back - the brash if cocky outsider suffers his first defeat and matures into something better than he was before. :P

The Brain

Quote from: Razgovory on April 15, 2016, 01:30:13 PM
Quote from: Savonarola on April 14, 2016, 09:25:50 AM

This comic strip ran in 1953 (when Donald Trump was 7).  Did Charlie Brown grow up to become Donald Trump?  :(

Before the nuclear regulatory commission was founded, there were lots of bald children like this.

Big Government. :rolleyes:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Legbiter

New polling's out, Trump's putting Cruz to bed.  :hmm:

QuoteRepublican presidential candidate Donald Trump is widening his lead in the GOP race, according to the latest national poll released Thursday.

Trump gets the support of 45 percent of likely GOP primary voters in a new Fox News poll, followed by Ted Cruz, with 27 percent, and John Kasich, with 25 percent. 
Trump had just a 3-point lead over Cruz in the same poll conducted in March, when Cruz previously held 38 percent of the vote.

The results are in line with other national polls. A CBS News poll released Thursday shows Trump with a 13-point lead over Cruz.

According to a RealClearPolitics average of all national polls, Trump has a 10-point lead on Cruz with 40 percent support to Cruz's 30 percent.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/276381-poll-trump-widens-national-lead

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Eddie Teach

I don't think anyone but Ted Cruz thinks Ted Cruz can win the delegate race. Real question is can Trump get a majority, and if not can he get anyone not pledged to him to vote for him.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

HisMajestyBOB

I'm looking forward to the fireworks when the delegates fuck over Trump in favor of Ted Cruz at the convention, despite a large gap in votes and 1st-round delegates.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help