And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 28, 2016, 03:21:35 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on March 28, 2016, 03:14:06 PM
Because it is currently world destroying on both human & nature scales?

And how would Quebec libre change all that?

It wouldn't. The ability to jump start anything on an international scale is exclusively in the hands of America.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Monoriu

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 28, 2016, 07:22:40 PM
Quote from: MadImmortalMan on March 28, 2016, 03:46:55 PM
Does he really want to go back to the gold standard?

:lol: What a goof.

This might be Ted Cruz's worst idea, courtesy of the Washington Post, that unabashed hive of Chicago School gangsters.

Can anybody explain to me why it is a good idea to return to the gold standard?  Last time I checked, that didn't work.  More importantly, why is this idea part of the platform of one of the leading presidential candidates of the Republican party? 

Zanza

alfred russel

Quote from: Tonitrus on March 29, 2016, 01:22:26 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 29, 2016, 12:13:37 AM
Quote from: Tonitrus on March 28, 2016, 08:45:42 PM
He won't do any of that.

You don't think he's petty enough to do it out of spite?

Nope.

I don't believe he would need to either.  If Trump has the nomination "stolen" from him at the convention, I think enough of his followers will just stay home on election day, and the GOP is doomed regardless.

And the GOP is doomed if it nominates him as well. So...if you are going to lose anyway, better for everyone to lose with the guy that isn't running a campaign of a racist demagogue.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

alfred russel

Quote from: Zanza on March 29, 2016, 08:39:14 AM
Because he is an idiot.

A few years ago he was criticizing the fed for having too tight of monetary policy. I think the evidence points toward him being an opportunist rather than an idiot.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Berkut

Quote from: alfred russel on March 29, 2016, 08:45:44 AM
Quote from: Tonitrus on March 29, 2016, 01:22:26 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 29, 2016, 12:13:37 AM
Quote from: Tonitrus on March 28, 2016, 08:45:42 PM
He won't do any of that.

You don't think he's petty enough to do it out of spite?

Nope.

I don't believe he would need to either.  If Trump has the nomination "stolen" from him at the convention, I think enough of his followers will just stay home on election day, and the GOP is doomed regardless.

And the GOP is doomed if it nominates him as well. So...if you are going to lose anyway, better for everyone to lose with the guy that isn't running a campaign of a racist demagogue.

I think the GOP is doomed no matter what at this point. The potential results tree from here out are about 95% "GOP fucked".
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Martinus

Shit like this makes me want Trump to win, so these people can go completely insane and die.

Solmyr

Quote from: Berkut on March 29, 2016, 08:52:36 AM
I think the GOP is doomed no matter what at this point. The potential results tree from here out are about 95% "GOP fucked".

Did they even have a non-batshit crazy candidate at any point?

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on March 29, 2016, 09:12:58 AM

Shit like this makes me want Trump to win, so these people can go completely insane and die.

Hey Trump set himself as the King of Racists - so not surprising that people consider using his name as akin to a racist remark.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Quote from: Solmyr on March 29, 2016, 09:16:37 AM

Kasich.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Monoriu

Quote from: Valmy on March 29, 2016, 09:23:41 AM

Kasich.

It says something that Kasich has only won a tiny fraction of the votes and delegates. 

Berkut

They still do, actually.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Martinus

Quote from: garbon on March 29, 2016, 09:23:24 AM

Hey Trump set himself as the King of Racists - so not surprising that people consider using his name as akin to a racist remark.

"Trump set himself as the King of Racists"? Seriously?  :lol:

Phillip V

Is violence against civilians sometimes justified?

celedhring

While tempting, the end of western civilization is a bit of a steep price to pay just to shove it to hypersensitive millennials.