And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

merithyn

Quote from: Berkut on March 28, 2016, 08:03:51 AM
Quote from: celedhring on March 28, 2016, 02:55:06 AM
Because the Republican convention was going to be such a peaceful and orderly affair...

https://www.change.org/p/quicken-loans-arena-allow-open-carry-of-firearms-at-the-quicken-loans-arena-during-the-rnc-convention-in-july-2

The most interesting part of that article is the manner in which the author uses the opinion of the NRA as equivalent to established fact.

There's a lot of talk that this started out as a troll, but picked up speed as people started signing it. That might explain some of the language and the way it's used.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

lustindarkness

Quote from: merithyn on March 28, 2016, 09:39:16 AM
Quote from: Berkut on March 28, 2016, 08:03:51 AM
Quote from: celedhring on March 28, 2016, 02:55:06 AM
Because the Republican convention was going to be such a peaceful and orderly affair...

https://www.change.org/p/quicken-loans-arena-allow-open-carry-of-firearms-at-the-quicken-loans-arena-during-the-rnc-convention-in-july-2

The most interesting part of that article is the manner in which the author uses the opinion of the NRA as equivalent to established fact.

There's a lot of talk that this started out as a troll, but picked up speed as people started signing it. That might explain some of the language and the way it's used.

Oh, just like the Trump candidacy?
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

merithyn

Quote from: lustindarkness on March 28, 2016, 09:42:50 AM
Quote from: merithyn on March 28, 2016, 09:39:16 AM

Oh, just like the Trump candidacy?

Touche.  :(
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Razgovory

Quote from: celedhring on March 28, 2016, 03:10:48 AM
I just love how the guy writes HUSSEIN in all caps. Just to make things clear.

Yeah especially how on their main candidates now is RAFAEL Edward Cruz.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Razgovory on March 28, 2016, 12:23:32 PM

When some Mexicans fly a plane into the Statue of Liberty, then those names may have equivalent stigma attached.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 28, 2016, 12:29:04 PM

When some Mexicans fly a plane into the Statue of Liberty, then those names may have equivalent stigma attached.

Seems a lot of conservatives are pretty upset about the Hispanics as it is.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Zanza

I found this article about how the Republican party lost sight of the issues its voters care about rather interesting:
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/28/us/politics/donald-trump-republican-voters.html

Martinus

Why would a name of one of God's archangels carry a stigma among Christian voters?  :hmm:

What are you going to do next? Complain about the candidates named "Michael"?  :huh:

Martinus

Quote from: Zanza on March 28, 2016, 12:36:29 PM
I found this article about how the Republican party lost sight of the issues its voters care about rather interesting:
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/28/us/politics/donald-trump-republican-voters.html

Yeah, pretty much. For years people on the left and center of US politics have been complaining that American white blue collar workers do not vote in accordance with their own interests - now they act surprised when they have finally started to.

Grey Fox

President Trump is going to be so much fun.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

garbon

Quote from: Grey Fox on March 28, 2016, 01:02:45 PM

As fun as independent Quebec.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Phillip V

Trump is in turn using these people like a passed around abuse victim.

Grey Fox

Quote from: garbon on March 28, 2016, 01:03:36 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on March 28, 2016, 01:02:45 PM

As fun as independent Quebec.

That would be fun too.

The current international status quo needs to be upended, I don't think Sanders could do it but Trump is crazy enough to do it.

Valmy

Quote from: Grey Fox on March 28, 2016, 01:19:46 PM
The current international status quo needs to be upended, I don't think Sanders could do it but Trump is crazy enough to do it.

Dear Hod. Why? Why does the status quo need to be shattered? Not enough wars and death out there for you?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Grey Fox

Because it is currently world destroying on both human & nature scales?