News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Legbiter

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/273378-ryan-well-work-with-trump-if-hes-nominee

Quote"We'll make it work if it happens," Ryan said in an interview with CNBC's John Harwood. "I'm going to defend our ideas as the Republican Party, but we're going to have to work with whoever our nominee is."

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Martinus

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Savonarola on March 18, 2016, 07:36:51 AM
Quote from: garbon on March 17, 2016, 02:20:38 PM
I don't know. I think he's been fairly known for quite some time. I've known of him since some point in childhood. I believe I even played a Trump boardgame.

I had to look that up.  Here is the very 80's commercial for it.

It's like Monopoly except the winning strategy is to have the most successful bankruptcy reorganization.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Valmy

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 17, 2016, 10:30:49 PM
As Hillary Clinton Sweeps States, One Group Resists: White Men

My people never follow my lead :weep:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

LaCroix

Quote from: Legbiter on March 18, 2016, 08:16:18 AM
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/273378-ryan-well-work-with-trump-if-hes-nominee

Quote"We'll make it work if it happens," Ryan said in an interview with CNBC's John Harwood. "I'm going to defend our ideas as the Republican Party, but we're going to have to work with whoever our nominee is."

:lmfao:

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: Berkut on March 16, 2016, 03:36:05 PM
They should not have cancelled, that was stupid.

They could have had a debate where the two of them sit their and eviscerate Trump.

For some reason Kasich bailed as well after Trump did.

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: Barrister on March 17, 2016, 10:55:14 PM
You know... on the "like to have a beer with" factor, I think I largely agree with Mihali. :o

:hug: You know we're two sides of the same coin, Beeb... we believe in society, not just individuals.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 18, 2016, 12:32:39 AM
Why not, I like Pumpkin tea.

I missed this and it's totally insignificant but in a 500-page thread:  WTF Tim, "pumpkin tea"???

Anyways, the Word of Wisdom technically prohibits all hot beverages but those crafty Mormons interpreted it away to mean just no coffee or tea or caffeine (cold or hot) -- permitting themselves the consumption of stimulating ephedra sinica "Mormon tea" with cinnamon, nutmeg, and other "stimulants" included.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."

LaCroix

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on March 18, 2016, 03:33:33 PMAnyways, the Word of Wisdom technically prohibits all hot beverages but those crafty Mormons interpreted it away to mean just no coffee or tea or caffeine (cold or hot) -- permitting themselves the consumption of stimulating ephedra sinica "Mormon tea" with cinnamon, nutmeg, and other "stimulants" included.

just hot caffeinated drinks. cold (pop) is A-OK.

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: LaCroix on March 18, 2016, 03:36:39 PM
Quote from: Capetan Mihali on March 18, 2016, 03:33:33 PMAnyways, the Word of Wisdom technically prohibits all hot beverages but those crafty Mormons interpreted it away to mean just no coffee or tea or caffeine (cold or hot) -- permitting themselves the consumption of stimulating ephedra sinica "Mormon tea" with cinnamon, nutmeg, and other "stimulants" included.

just hot caffeinated drinks. cold (pop) is A-OK.

Really?  They can down as much Diet Coke as they like?  That kind of blows my mind.

Admiral Yi

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 18, 2016, 03:38:41 PM
I thought caffeinated soda was verboten.

Me too.  Obviously, Joseph Smith was dragged from his Illinois jail cell and lynched well before kola-based soft drinks were developed, but I thought they took the "no caffeine" principle from hot to cold.

Admiral Yi

Perhaps The Cross is picking up his impression from some North Dakota splinter group.

LaCroix

I think pop = banned is a myth by nonbelievers. they definitely can drink pop.