Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: garbon on March 09, 2016, 11:31:42 AM
Perhaps you mean as a person following a basic train of logic. LIAR

FIXEDED   :P
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

So it's looking like Ohio is basically between Trump (polling around 40%) and Kasich (around 35%), with Ted way back at 15%.  Since Ohio will be one of the first winner-take-all states, I guess I'm basically throwing away my votes if I vote Cruz.  I'd prefer Kasich over Trump to win my state, so I may switch the votes to from Cruz to Kasich.

Will Languish: bash me for not voting my conscience??  :D
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Barrister

Quote from: derspiess on March 09, 2016, 11:40:26 AM
So it's looking like Ohio is basically between Trump (polling around 40%) and Kasich (around 35%), with Ted way back at 15%.  Since Ohio will be one of the first winner-take-all states, I guess I'm basically throwing away my votes if I vote Cruz.  I'd prefer Kasich over Trump to win my state, so I may switch the votes to from Cruz to Kasich.

No. #NeverTrump
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

derspiess

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on March 09, 2016, 11:40:26 AM

You don't support Kasich even though you have been living under his glorious regime? Not a great endorsement of Mr. Kasich.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on March 09, 2016, 11:48:05 AM
Quote from: Barrister on March 09, 2016, 11:45:10 AM
No. #NeverTrump

Yeah, I expected that from you, Mr. HillarySupporter :P

Hillary supporters put country over stupid things like conscience.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Berkut

Quote from: Martinus on March 09, 2016, 03:27:23 AM
That article analysis was excellent, Tim. Thanks for posting this.

This also kinda explains the almost uniform condemnation of Trump from Languishite Yanks - almost everybody here is squarely middle class.

*I* have been saying all along that Trump is NOT a "Republican" phenomenon, but I get shouted down pretty quickly every time.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Capetan Mihali

No. #NeverTrump

Beeb loathes populist demigods, it's well-known.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Valmy

Quote from: Berkut on March 09, 2016, 11:58:31 AM

This also kinda explains the almost uniform condemnation of Trump from Languishite Yanks - almost everybody here is squarely middle class.

*I* have been saying all along that Trump is NOT a "Republican" phenomenon, but I get shouted down pretty quickly every time.

Weird I have been saying that but nobody has shouted me down. But then New Yorkers are louder.

Capetan Mihali

"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."

The Brain

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on March 09, 2016, 12:01:11 PM
No. #NeverTrump

Has he chafed for years at this demigod?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on March 09, 2016, 12:01:50 PM
Quote from: Berkut on March 09, 2016, 11:58:31 AM

Weird I have been saying that but nobody has shouted me down. But then New Yorkers are louder.

I haven't shouted but still think we've yet to see evidence that this is affecting the Democratic primary in a way that proves a problem for that party. Apart from some noise from Sanders and Warren, I don't think we have much evidence of it tearing at the party in the way that it is proving dangerous for Republicans. San Franciscans aren't vilifying Nancy Pelosi who is surely, if anyone, an architect of problems being faced.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

For some reason I find the total sell-out corrupt nature of the Democrats comforting. Nobody bought and paid for can be a radical demagogue :P

Capetan Mihali

Barrister

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on March 09, 2016, 12:14:23 PM
Quote from: The Brain on March 09, 2016, 12:03:48 PM
Has he chafed for years at this demigod?
Quote from: Capetan Mihali on March 09, 2016, 12:01:11 PM

Wild Roses are abrasive. :pinch:

I had wild roses all over the place at my old lakefront house.  Those things are a damn pain - thorns everywhere. :mad:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.