2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Quote from: 11B4V on March 03, 2016, 01:46:48 AM
Quote from: Martinus on March 03, 2016, 01:45:10 AM
Quote from: 11B4V on March 03, 2016, 01:42:44 AM
No.

Yes. Ask a random person in the ROTW to describe a stereotypical American and chances are you will get something similar to Trump.
I don't give a fuck about the ROTW's opinion

Excellent. That's one more way you and Trump are alike.  :lol:

Razgovory

Quote from: Martinus on March 03, 2016, 01:35:28 AM
If America was a single person, then Trump would be, psychologically speaking, its Shadow - a projection of its true self that accumulates all the "bad" qualities that the person wants to deny and suppress about themselves. I think for the rest of us, watching you guys struggle with Trump is so amusing also because he so much embodies the way we feel you actually are - so you guys seeing him as some kind of a demon that came out of nowhere is quite entertaining. If he is elected, he will embody America more than any President at least since Reagan.

Marty, Psychology has moved on since Carl Jung.  This is a really weird thing with you.  Why do you keep using theories that were popular 70 years ago or more?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

11B4V

Quote from: Martinus on March 03, 2016, 01:47:43 AM
Quote from: 11B4V on March 03, 2016, 01:46:48 AM
Quote from: Martinus on March 03, 2016, 01:45:10 AM
Quote from: 11B4V on March 03, 2016, 01:42:44 AM
No.

Yes. Ask a random person in the ROTW to describe a stereotypical American and chances are you will get something similar to Trump.
I don't give a fuck about the ROTW's opinion

Excellent. That's one more way you and Trump are alike.  :lol:

Nope. I'm sorry your country is so self conscience.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Martinus

Quote from: Razgovory on March 03, 2016, 01:48:24 AM
If America was a single person, then Trump would be, psychologically speaking, its Shadow - a projection of its true self that accumulates all the "bad" qualities that the person wants to deny and suppress about themselves. I think for the rest of us, watching you guys struggle with Trump is so amusing also because he so much embodies the way we feel you actually are - so you guys seeing him as some kind of a demon that came out of nowhere is quite entertaining. If he is elected, he will embody America more than any President at least since Reagan.

Marty, Psychology has moved on since Carl Jung.  This is a really weird thing with you.  Why do you keep using theories that were popular 70 years ago or more?

There are modern neo-Jungians, too. :contract:

Razgovory

Yeah, and there's people Earth is only 6000 years old.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Martinus

Grinning_Colossus

Yeah, everyone knows that Trump is America's id.
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

garbon

Perhaps the wonders of modern psychology have yet to reach his homeland. Don't judge!
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/mar/02/donald-trump-releases-his-healthcare-plan

QuoteDonald Trump releases his healthcare plan in campaign statement

Republican frontrunner Donald Trump has released his healthcare platform, which the candidate claims "will broaden healthcare access, make healthcare more affordable and improve the quality of the care available to all Americans".

In a seven-point list of initiatives, Trump calls for

• The repeal of the Affordable Care Act, more popularly known as Obamacare, as well as the individual mandate that requires Americans to purchase health insurance.
  • Allowing the sale of insurance across state lines by repealing the McCarran–Ferguson Act.
  • Allowing individuals to fully deduct health insurance premium payments from their taxes, as businesses can.
  • Allowing all individuals to use health savings accounts, rather than just those with high-deductible health plans.
  • Requiring "price transparency" from healthcare providers, including doctors, clinics and hospitals.
  • Turning Medicaid into a block grant to the states, decentralizing the social welfare program from federal control.
  • Removing "barriers to entry into free markets for drug providers that offer safe, reliable and cheaper products", weakening control of the pharmaceutical industry and the Food and Drug Administration over drug testing, production and approval.

"The reforms outlined above will lower healthcare costs for all Americans," Trump said in a statement released by his campaign, alluding to "other reforms that might be considered if they serve to lower costs, remove uncertainty and provide financial security for all Americans".

Trump also points to other areas, both administrative and legislative, wherein a Trump administration would move to lower healthcare costs and expand access to insurance and care. "Enforcing immigration laws, eliminating fraud and waste and energizing our economy will relieve the economic pressures felt by every American," Trump said, calling his immigration proposals part of "the moral responsibility of a nation's government."

"Providing healthcare to illegal immigrants costs us some $11 billion annually," Trump writes. "If we were to simply enforce the current immigration laws and restrict the unbridled granting of visas to this country, we could relieve healthcare cost pressures on state and local governments."

"To reform healthcare in America, we need a president who has the leadership skills, will and courage to engage the American people and convince Congress to do what is best for the country," Trump concludes. "These straightforward reforms, along with many others I have proposed throughout my campaign, will ensure that together we will Make America Great Again."
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 03, 2016, 06:58:24 AM
Aren't the number of states different every cycle?

Yes, though that doesn't really account for it fully. Looks like there were 22 dem states + American Samoa in 2008 and 21 repub states in 2008. Number of states were way smaller - so could suggest that Dem participation was similar this year with reduced base of contests, but then that would show Republicans outpunched their weight given the same reduced base of contests.

Legbiter

Quote from: Berkut on March 02, 2016, 12:38:24 PMWhat really scares me is that Trump gets the nomination, then a few months before the election another bombshell about the email server crap gets dropped that destroys Clinton.

And on that front;

QuoteThe Justice Department has granted immunity to a former State Department staffer, who worked on Hillary Clinton's private email server, as part of a criminal investigation into the possible mishandling of classified information, according to a senior law enforcement official.

The official said the FBI had secured the cooperation of Bryan Pagliano, who worked on Clinton's 2008 presidential campaign before setting up the server in her New York home in 2009.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/in-clinton-email-investigation-justice-department-grants-immunity-to-former-state-department-staffer/2016/03/02/e421e39e-e0a0-11e5-9c36-e1902f6b6571_story.html

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

FunkMonk

I eagerly await Donald applying the Trumpcratic method about emails against Hillary at the debates. For the lulz.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

CountDeMoney

Stop Razzing shit up, man.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 03, 2016, 12:26:11 PM

Stop Razzing shit up, man.

He's raising a fair point. A fairer one than Mart's ridiculous analysis.