And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: katmai on March 03, 2016, 04:33:21 PM
So your son has better sense then you.

No, I agree with him.  My default position in a Clinton-Trump race is that I'm voting for Gary Johnson.  It's only if it's a tight race in Ohio that I'd consider voting Trump.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

alfred russel

Quote from: Phillip V on March 03, 2016, 04:32:44 PM
If Romney was serious, he would have endorsed a single candidate and/or not trashed the party front-runner.  Instead, there is the possibility that Romney's vote for anybody else plea indicates that he fantasizes about a brokered convention that will pick him as the wise elder statesman.

If I was to bet on the republican nomination, I'd put my money on Romney and Paul Ryan, as I assume they are basically at impossible odds at this point and they are two possible compromise picks in a brokered convention.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

DGuller

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 03, 2016, 04:25:44 PM
Quote from: derspiess on March 03, 2016, 04:24:16 PM
Which gets him... ?

The reputation of a man who put principle and country above party loyalty.
I don't think party loyalty enters into this one way or the other.  GOP has already made it clear that it doesn't consider Trump one of their own.  Republicans who speak out against him are not facing any conflict related to their party loyalty.

Martinus

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 03, 2016, 04:25:28 PM
Quote from: Martinus on March 03, 2016, 04:09:31 PM
Not sure if serious. :unsure:

Because they both use the Curb Your Enthusiasm theme? :unsure:

Ok sorry, your post was worded in a way that implied you never heard of Curb Your Enthusiasm and just linked those two because of the tune. :P

Habbaku

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 03, 2016, 04:18:23 PM
Good move Mitt.  Even if it doesn't hurt Trump it's important to get the warning on the record.

:yes:  The principle alone is worthy of the speech.  Would that more GOP icons would come out and do the same as him, Senator Sasse, and Governor Baker.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Phillip V on March 03, 2016, 04:32:44 PM
If Romney was serious, he would have endorsed a single candidate and/or not trashed the party front-runner.  Instead, there is the possibility that Romney's vote for anybody else plea indicates that he fantasizes about a brokered convention that will pick him as the wise elder statesman.

If Romney were serious that Strumpf is a menace he wouldn't have trashed Strumpf? :huh:

Phillip V

Quote from: Habbaku on March 03, 2016, 04:46:14 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 03, 2016, 04:18:23 PM
Good move Mitt.  Even if it doesn't hurt Trump it's important to get the warning on the record.

:yes:  The principle alone is worthy of the speech.  Would that more GOP icons would come out and do the same as him, Senator Sasse, and Governor Baker.

Too little.  Too late.

Romney is just jealous that a rich, Northeastern flip-flopper is more loved and electorally successful that he ever was.

Habbaku

Yes, I'm sure that it's just jealousy that made Romney go out and publicly trash Trump.  That must be it.  :huh:
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Martinus

Wow, I don't recall the last time I saw this kind of hysteria from the board's right wingers.  :lol:

Jacob

Quote from: Martinus on March 03, 2016, 04:51:41 PM
Wow, I don't recall the last time I saw this kind of hysteria from the board's right wingers.  :lol:

There's been some pretty high benchmarks for hysteria set on this board. I don't think what we're seeing from languish right wingers is even remotely near.

Phillip V

Florida Governor Refuses to Endorse In Advance of March 15 Primary

In addition to Jeb's silence, Rubio is lacking some crucial support in his own home state...  If Romney was serious, he would fly to Florida and try to make sure Trump does not win there.

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2016/03/03/gov-rick-scott-wont-make-endorsement-ahead-of-florida-primary/

derspiess

Who is considered to be in the Languish Right Wingers Club?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Jacob

Quote from: derspiess on March 03, 2016, 05:16:30 PM
Who is considered to be in the Languish Right Wingers Club?

And who is being hysterical?

Habbaku

-J. R. R. Tolkien