News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on March 01, 2016, 09:40:55 PM
Why would Rubio drop out? His whole strategy now is to place second or third everywhere, get a brokered convention, then be crowned king by the party.

No rule that says they have to pick one of the candidates that was running. Maybe they draft Paul Ryan again.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on March 01, 2016, 10:00:00 PM
Quote from: derspiess on March 01, 2016, 09:58:45 PM
Trump gave a surprisingly decent speech.  Even said a couple nice things about Cruz.

Yep. And it was obviously improvised since he referenced things that are still happening. Dude is good I have to admit.

Still cannot forgive his destruction of the greatest Spring football league in American history though.

I spoke too soon.  In talking about the general election, he said, "We're gonna do great with the African-Americans..."  :pinch:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: FunkMonk on March 01, 2016, 10:02:51 PM
Just imagine Obama's face when he's standing next to Trump at the Capitol during inauguration next year.

"THIS man is my successor??? Jesus christ"  :lol:

Then he'll know how Dubya felt.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Eddie Teach

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 01, 2016, 10:01:58 PM
What were you asking then?

Have people in Massachusetts lost their damn minds?

jimmy olsen

States with 20% thresholds for delegates that Rubio might miss

GA 21.9
VT 19.2
TN 19.8
TX 18.5
AL 17.1
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

FunkMonk

Quote from: derspiess on March 01, 2016, 10:04:04 PM
Just imagine Obama's face when he's standing next to Trump at the Capitol during inauguration next year.

Then he'll know how Dubya felt.

And it will be a beautiful disaster
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Valmy

Yeah the way it boils down Trump is still going to get a bunch of delegates from Okieland and Texas.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

jimmy olsen

Arkansas called for Trump .

Looks like Rubio could win Minnesota
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Phillip V

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 01, 2016, 10:27:50 PM

Only a few thousand votes counted in Minnesota so far.  Don't get too excited yet.

Vermont, on the other hand, has 72% of precincts reporting.  Kasich is trailing Trump by less than 600 votes.  :o

http://www.nytimes.com/elections/results

Eddie Teach

I suspect he'll have time to compose himself in the two and a half months between election and inauguration.   :(

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Phillip V on March 01, 2016, 10:34:45 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 01, 2016, 10:27:50 PM

Only a few thousand votes counted in Minnesota so far.  Don't get too excited yet.

Vermont, on the other hand, has 72% of precincts reporting.  Kasich is trailing Trump by less than 600 votes.  :o

http://www.nytimes.com/elections/results

Minnesota is race between Rubio and Cruz

10% in
Rubio 1,790 36.9 0 
Cruz 1,326 27.4 0 
Trump 990 20.4 0 
Carson 446 9.2 0 
Kasich 284 5.9 0

1 Karma Chameleon point

Valmy

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 01, 2016, 10:42:07 PM
Minnesota is race between Rubio and Cruz

10% in
Rubio 1,790 36.9 0 
Cruz 1,326 27.4 0 
Trump 990 20.4 0 
Carson 446 9.2 0 
Kasich 284 5.9 0

How do the delegates work in Minnesota? If it is close it may not matter much who actually wins. Everybody was freaking out that Cruz won Mobilehoma but he only ended up with two more delegates than Trump.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

jimmy olsen

Clinton has won Mass.

Looks like Sanders is going to win Minnesota and Colorado though.

1 Karma Chameleon point

Valmy

LOL after Trump said nice things about Cruz, Cruz basically called him Satan in his speech.

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 01, 2016, 10:03:17 PM
Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on March 01, 2016, 09:40:55 PM
Why would Rubio drop out? His whole strategy now is to place second or third everywhere, get a brokered convention, then be crowned king by the party.

No rule that says they have to pick one of the candidates that was running. Maybe they draft Paul Ryan again.

I'm sure the GOP voters would love that.
Might as well nominate Reagan's corpse and concede the election to Hillary.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help