News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

alfred russel

Quote from: Phillip V on March 01, 2016, 03:20:58 PM

If Kasich was not on the ballot, I would vote Trump.

Then it sucks for Trump that extraneous options are distracting the lowly educated.  :)
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Eddie Teach

Quote from: alfred russel on March 01, 2016, 03:24:10 PM
a high school basketball team with lots of hispanics

Quotein Iowa

<head explodes>
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

I read a story that in Iowa a high school basketball team with lots of hispanics was getting heckled with "Trump!" chants at away games.

That's fairly typical IMO.  High school fans can get about as nasty as college basketball fans these days.  They'll try to find anything to heckle the other team over if they think it will resonate.  It's insensitive for sure, but probably more of a function of school spirit than anything else.

IIRC there was one high school in California where students got in trouble for chanting "USA, USA!!" when their team was hosting a high school where a lot of Mexican illegal immigrant kids attended.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on March 01, 2016, 03:25:53 PM
Quote from: derspiess on March 01, 2016, 03:21:39 PM
<several Languish heads explode>

:hmm: Why?

People here really, really hate Trump.  Plus I was a bit surprised Phil would vote for him.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 01, 2016, 03:27:18 PM
a high school basketball team with lots of hispanics

Quotein Iowa

<head explodes>

I regularly drive through a small town where the packing plant is the only game going.

lustindarkness

To clarify, I don't hate Trump, he is just a terrible candidate. Hillary I hate.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Malthus

Quote from: lustindarkness on March 01, 2016, 03:49:08 PM
To clarify, I don't hate Trump, he is just a terrible candidate. Hillary I hate.

Why?
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Martinus

Quote from: Phillip V on March 01, 2016, 03:20:58 PM
Quote from: alfred russel on March 01, 2016, 02:49:34 PM
Quote from: Phillip V on March 01, 2016, 02:28:45 PM
Only a few people in line at my Virginia voting station.  Quick and easy.  John Kasich now has one additional vote.

I'm telling you the same thing I told my father--who actually switched to the republican party just to vote against trump and then voted for kasich--you are a trump enabler.

I get it the idea--if I had a choice to unilaterally pick the president among all the candidates remaining--democrat and republican--kasich could easily be my choice. But he isn't going to win, and won't get any delegates out of Virginia. Rubio or Cruz might.

If Kasich was not on the ballot, I would vote Trump.

Yeah, if I were to vote Republican, my order of picks with the current bunch would be Kasich, Trump, Carson, Rubio and Cruz.

lustindarkness

Quote from: Malthus on March 01, 2016, 03:49:43 PM

Why?

Why what? Why a racists attention whore is a terrible candidate? Or why I hate Hillary?
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Malthus

Quote from: lustindarkness on March 01, 2016, 03:58:42 PM
Quote from: Malthus on March 01, 2016, 03:49:43 PM

Why?

Why what? Why a racists attention whore is a terrible candidate? Or why I hate Hillary?

Why do you hate Hillary.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius