News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Could there be hope of upsets in Vermont and Virginia?

QuoteFrom looking at the gender breakouts in the CBSNews.com version of the exit polls, here's roughly what they show in the Republican race.

Vermont: Trump 32, Kasich 31, Rubio 19
Virginia: Trump 34, Rubio 31, Cruz 16
Georgia: Trump 40, Rubio 23, Cruz 22

Closer than expected in Virginia and Vermont, although there wasn't much polling in Vermont on the GOP side. The early exit polls are reasonably close to the pre-election polls in Georgia, however.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

celedhring

Exit polls look slightly underwhelming for Trump.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 01, 2016, 07:18:20 PM
there wasn't much polling in Vermont on the GOP side.

How many GOP primary voters are there in Vermont to poll?

Eddie Teach

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 01, 2016, 06:51:58 PM
Quote from: The Minsky Moment on March 01, 2016, 06:46:36 PM
The problem with Trump as a candidate transcends good or bad.  It is category problem.  Ted Cruz is a bad candidate.  Ron Paul was a bad candidate.  Donald Trump has no business being a candidate at all.  It is if Tom Cruise ran for President.  Or Martin Shkreli.  Or Kanye West.  It wouldn't really matter what their positions on foreign policy or agriculture are or whether they even have one.  They aren't fit to run in the first place.

Whatever you think of their record, we've had an actor as a two term president, and two actors as governors of California, that ship sailed a long time ago.

The actor we elected President had already been governor and had basically spent the last 20 years in politics.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

jimmy olsen

Trump is just crushing the field in Georgia

Trump 3,579 50.2 0 
Cruz 1,502 21.1 0 
Rubio 1,285 18.0 0 
Carson 323 4.5 0 
Kasich 265 3.7 0

Virginia is a little more balanced

Trump 3,364 38.9 0 
Rubio 2,618 30.3 0 
Cruz 1,530 17.7 0 
Kasich 544 6.3 0 
Carson 511 5.9 0

1 Karma Chameleon point

Admiral Yi

Eddie Teach

Same top 2 as Iowa, just flipped the order.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

frunk

Quote from: Malthus on March 01, 2016, 07:03:41 PM

Thing is, I can deplore a Tom Cruise as candidate, but I can understand his appeal to the ignorant - even if he hasn't a thought in his head not put there by Scientology, he's at least handsome and can project charisma. I can see (but dislike) a charismatic bubblehead as candidate.

What I don't understand as candidate is a bubblehead with serious negative charisma - an ugly, nasty troll of a man, who is also transparently a huckster; a guy who positively flaunts his bad taste, his wealth, his ignorance on every important issue, and his lack of any sort of class in behavior or speech; and who is popular, not despite these things, but apparently because of them.

This I just don't understand.

Rob Ford?

jimmy olsen

Candidates need 20% to get delegates in Georgia, might be close for Rubio and Cruz. Donald might be able to win all 76 delegates.

1 Karma Chameleon point

lustindarkness

I'm afraid to see how many morons in Alabama voted for Trump.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

FunkMonk

Quote from: Martinus on March 01, 2016, 04:52:51 PM
Quote from: FunkMonk on March 01, 2016, 04:32:28 PM
Quote from: Phillip V on March 01, 2016, 12:38:39 PM
Quote from: FunkMonk on March 01, 2016, 12:21:13 PM
Did my duty in northern Virginia this morning.

God save the Republic.
Same in an hour or two.  My polling station is across the street.  :)

Yeah, I'm a little lucky as my polling station is on the same block as my apartment so I just stopped there on the way to work this morning.

Took a Republican ballot and voted for the Rubester, simply for the Anti-Trump vote. I plan on voting for the Hillster in the general.

That's a pretty unethical behavior.

I understand where you're coming from but the farther Donald Trump stays away from the Oval Office the better it is for the country. Also, I'm not a Democrat so I don't have a problem voting in the Republican primary. I've voted for Republicans in the past and I will likely again in the future provided they put forward decent and sane candidates. To be honest I would feel pretty unethical if I did not cast a vote against Trump in the Republican primary.

Also, I want it to be on the record that I voted against this guy two separate times should the Thousand Year Trumpenreich be ushered in next January.  :P
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Admiral Yi

Caliga

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 01, 2016, 07:39:08 PM
The actor we elected President had already been governor and had basically spent the last 20 years in politics.
:yes: My dad tried to make the Reagan-Trump comparison earlier tonight to me, which is quite frankly a ridiculous one.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

jimmy olsen

16% of the vote in Virginia

Trump 59,883 37.7 0 
Rubio 49,814 31.4 0 
Cruz 24,100 15.2 0 
Kasich 14,063 8.9 0 
Carson 9,156 5.8 0

1 Karma Chameleon point