News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

He was Professor Ian Duncan on Community.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on March 01, 2016, 01:37:00 AM
Quote from: Malthus on February 29, 2016, 04:19:38 PM
I get the impression lots of people enjoy voting for Trump simply for the lulz. They get a kick out of seeing the usual suspects in the media and other establishment types freaking out about it.

Problem is, at the end of the day being president is a job, and there is no indication that Trump would be anything but a disaster at doing it. Is that worth a few laughs?

I think it's more a middle finger than "the lulz". As with most of its social problems (like Black Lives Matter), America is living out its class conflict through other means - in this case the cultural wars, which are pitting the white middle class (which is the side represented by the leftist / feminist establishment) against the white working class (which is largely demonised as racist, chauvinistic, homophobic rednecks*). In modern West white women have a much better chance of upward social mobility than white men, to the extent this is actually creating a class divide between genders.

*Notice that while Trump is being considered beyond the pale by calling Mexicans rapists, it is perfectly fine to talk about the "rape culture" among white males, for example in colleges.

:hmm:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Phillip V

Quote from: alfred russel on February 29, 2016, 09:22:01 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 29, 2016, 08:35:37 PM
How brave of him ;)

The guy is basically a midget but managed to marry an NFL cheerleader. He must have some game.

Rubio met and dated his future wife when he was in college.  She was still in high school...

DGuller

Quote from: Monoriu on February 29, 2016, 09:18:59 PM
My opinion of the party of Abraham Lincoln has taken a hit as well.  Not that it matters, of course.
Republicans are the party of Southern Democrats now in all but the name.

DGuller

Good God, I'm now seeing that "Drumpf" shit all over the Internet comments.  Nothing signifies free spirit in the modern ages quite like becoming part of the manufactured viral movement.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

alfred russel

Quote from: Phillip V on March 01, 2016, 05:47:03 AM

Rubio met and dated his future wife when he was in college.  She was still in high school...

That is kind of creepy.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

celedhring

Quote from: alfred russel on March 01, 2016, 09:59:09 AM
Quote from: Phillip V on March 01, 2016, 05:47:03 AM

That is kind of creepy.

He's just 2 years older than her. That happened a lot when I was in high school; girls dating college boys that were a couple years older than them. Not a big deal.

lustindarkness

Quote from: lustindarkness on February 29, 2016, 10:28:01 AM
I want to vote for Rick Grimes. :(

I think I should also vote for an outsider, not a politician. I will change my vote from Rick Grimes to Wade Winston Wilson, Deadpool for President 2016!
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

PRC

FunkMonk

Did my duty in northern Virginia this morning.

God save the Republic.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Valmy

Yeah happy whama blama Tuesday everybody! Please do your duty.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on March 01, 2016, 12:22:18 PM
Yeah happy whama blama Tuesday everybody! Please do your duty.

I off to my polling place in an hour. Decided to opt in for in-person rather than just mailing it in. :swiss:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Phillip V

Quote from: FunkMonk on March 01, 2016, 12:21:13 PM
Did my duty in northern Virginia this morning.

God save the Republic.
Same in an hour or two.  My polling station is across the street.  :)