2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

Quote from: dps on February 29, 2016, 06:26:06 PM
Quote from: Berkut on February 29, 2016, 06:21:08 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on February 29, 2016, 04:48:04 PM
Quote from: Phillip V on February 29, 2016, 04:38:17 PM
16 years of Bush and Obama has not done much economically (and debatably other areas) for the average American on both sides of the political spectrum.  Why not say fuck you to "the establishment" and see what happens?

Because that's immature and counterproductive?

One can make a rather persuasive argument that what is counterproductive is doing the same thing over and over again in the hopes of getting a different result.

Sure, but just because you've realized that what you've been doing isn't working and you need to try something else doesn't mean that you have to make a stupid choice as to what that "something else" is going to be.

No question.

My hope is that we end up with Clinton, and next cycle we get some actually sane, non-establishment candidates.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

celedhring

Ted Cruz is the Zodiac killer. How did this meme get started?

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 29, 2016, 06:45:43 PM
The Donald says he will save Social Security by cutting out fraud, waste, and abuse.

Boy, it's too bad nobody else has thought of that!
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

celedhring

Eddie Teach

Cruz isn't old enough to be the zodiac killer, he's just a copycat.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on February 29, 2016, 07:21:57 PM
Boy, it's too bad nobody else has thought of that!

I'd be willing to bet this is the first time a politician has talked about cutting waste, fraud and abuse out of Social Security.  I'd be surprised if there is any aside from the ocasional dead recipient.

lustindarkness

Good thing about senator Shelby endorsing Trump? Shelby made the decision for me to vote against him easier. :) I wish some of these judges and board of education peeps running would make it easy for me to figure out too <_<.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Monoriu

Quote from: lustindarkness on February 29, 2016, 04:58:37 PM
Quote from: Zanza on February 29, 2016, 04:56:23 PM
Most people seem to think that politics actually don't have much of an effect on their personal life.

There can't be that many mono's in the world. :(

I think politics has a decisive effect on people's lives.  Just that none of us should or can do anything about it  :P

Habbaku

Quote from: lustindarkness on February 29, 2016, 07:48:03 PM
Good thing about senator Shelby endorsing Trump? Shelby made the decision for me to vote against him easier. :) I wish some of these judges and board of education peeps running would make it easy for me to figure out too <_<.

:unsure:  I don't see anything about Shelby endorsing Trump.  Sessions endorsed Trump.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

lustindarkness

Quote from: Habbaku on February 29, 2016, 07:56:28 PM
Quote from: lustindarkness on February 29, 2016, 07:48:03 PM

:unsure:  I don't see anything about Shelby endorsing Trump.  Sessions endorsed Trump.

Not the same guy? Well shit I have to read up more on this crap. :D
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

lustindarkness

OK, that one is easy. Shelby is 81 and has been a senator for 30 fucking years. I prefer to vote for the 33 year old Marine Captain.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Habbaku

-J. R. R. Tolkien

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom