News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

Cruz is actually worse than Trump. That seems hard to imagine, I know.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

alfred russel

Quote from: Berkut on March 01, 2016, 02:54:18 PM

I disagree but understand the line of thought. I just think that a major party nominee running on bigotry (like banning muslims from entering the country) is going to be super divisive and negative in a way that Cruz wouldn't be.

I've posted this before, but I'm not sure how we started with the republican slate and ended up with Rubio, Cruz, and Trump. There were better options that got cut (which isn't meant as an endorsement of the guys that got cut).
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

derspiess

Quote from: alfred russel on March 01, 2016, 03:01:23 PM
I've posted this before, but I'm not sure how we started with the republican slate and ended up with Rubio, Cruz, and Trump. There were better options that got cut (which isn't meant as an endorsement of the guys that got cut).

Just seems to happen.  I don't think I ever voted in a GOP prez primary (save for re-elections) where my initial favorite ended up winning it.  And a couple times, that was a good thing :Embarrass:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

Cruz is so much more dangerous than Trump, because he knows exactly what he's doing.

Cruz to Trump is like comparing a truck bomber to a chimp with a revolver.  Different degrees of dangerous.

Trump is just doing it for the ego and the nyuks.  Cruz wants to do real damage.

Fucker is just vile.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

lustindarkness

Hillary is so much more dangerous than Trump, because we know exactly what she's doing.

Bitch is just vile.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Barrister

Quote from: Berkut on March 01, 2016, 02:54:18 PM

I (of course) disagree.

My objections to Ted Cruz are really just strategic - I dislike that his entire strategy has been to attack his own party, and to put his own interests ahead of others in his own party.  It's a shitty thing to do in general, and would make it almost impossible for him to govern if elected.  In terms of policies put forward, they're pretty standard Republican positions.

Trump... is worse.  He has no policies beyond "building a wall" and "winning against China and Mexico".  And where he does have policies, they're very wrong.  It would be incredibly dangerous for the US to turn protectionist at this point.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 01, 2016, 03:14:28 PM
Cruz is so much more dangerous than Trump, because he knows exactly what he's doing.

Cruz to Trump is like comparing a truck bomber to a chimp with a revolver.  Different degrees of dangerous.

Trump is just doing it for the ego and the nyuks.  Cruz wants to do real damage.

Fucker is just vile.

That's it, I'm getting a Cruz sign in my lawn now. 

Phillip V

Quote from: alfred russel on March 01, 2016, 02:49:34 PM
Quote from: Phillip V on March 01, 2016, 02:28:45 PM
Only a few people in line at my Virginia voting station.  Quick and easy.  John Kasich now has one additional vote.

I'm telling you the same thing I told my father--who actually switched to the republican party just to vote against trump and then voted for kasich--you are a trump enabler.

I get it the idea--if I had a choice to unilaterally pick the president among all the candidates remaining--democrat and republican--kasich could easily be my choice. But he isn't going to win, and won't get any delegates out of Virginia. Rubio or Cruz might.

If Kasich was not on the ballot, I would vote Trump.

derspiess

viper37

If Trump wins the primary but lose the presidential race, would a newspaper runs its front page with "LOSER" written on his picture?
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Valmy

Quote from: viper37 on March 01, 2016, 03:22:10 PM
If Trump wins the primary but lose the presidential race, would a newspaper runs its front page with "LOSER" written on his picture?

Why wouldn't they?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Eddie Teach

Quote from: viper37 on March 01, 2016, 03:22:10 PM

I could definitely see one of the New York papers doing that.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

alfred russel

I read a story that in Iowa a high school basketball team with lots of hispanics was getting heckled with "Trump!" chants at away games.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014