News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

OttoVonBismarck

Going off memory out of laziness but I think Texas is doing a "two-step", with the second step being a convention at which additional delegates are awarded.

Admiral Yi

Texas doesn't have a primary today. 

Is it possible you voted in a straw poll Valmy?

Habbaku

Or perhaps he early voted?  I imagine some states allow that, even for primaries.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

alfred russel

Quote from: Habbaku on February 16, 2016, 04:41:44 PM
Or perhaps he early voted?  I imagine some states allow that, even for primaries.

I hope not. How could he vote without the most important of all information for primary voters--who has momentum coming into his state?
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Admiral Yi

That's the ticket.  Didn't know early primary voting existed.

http://www.wfaa.com/news/politics/early-primary-voting-begins-tuesday-in-texas/44636668

Legbiter

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Fate

Quote from: Valmy on February 16, 2016, 04:03:07 PM
Quote from: Legbiter on February 16, 2016, 03:46:19 PM
We're here for you man.  :hug:

Is it time for my physical already?

Anyway it looks like the old Caucus system was discontinued in 2015 so I guess the thing on the 19th is just the party county convention. Huh.
Interesting. I was one of the Obama caucus delegates to the state level in '08 for my area of Austin. Too bad about doing away with that tradition, it was fun.

Valmy

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on February 16, 2016, 04:14:51 PM
Going off memory out of laziness but I think Texas is doing a "two-step", with the second step being a convention at which additional delegates are awarded.

Yeah we used to. But the Democrats dumped it so no longer.

But they are still meeting for some reason :hmm:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Valmy

Valmy

Yep. Early voting started today. Best to get it over with.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

jimmy olsen

This election just keeps getting better and better, Jeb forgot to renew his domain and look where it leads to now!  :lmfao:

http://jebbush.com/
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Phillip V

Quote from: Legbiter on February 16, 2016, 05:09:31 PM
Trump adds to his lead after the SC debate, MSNBC baffled.  :lol:  :hmm:

http://www.msnbc.com/morning-joe/watch/jeb-lags-in-sc-despite-strong-debate-poll-623662659575?cid=sm_tw_mojoe
Good.  More Republicans should now feel safe to shit on George W. Bush, criticize the Iraq War, and say good things about Planned Parenthood. :)

Valmy