News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfred russel

Quote from: celedhring on February 01, 2016, 10:07:55 PM
Looks like the democratic caucus is going down to the wire.

Why am I watching this? It's 4 am over here  :huh:

When else are you going to see the leadership of the free world determined by a handful of people in Iowa that couldn't find anything better to do on a Monday night?
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Admiral Yi

83% reporting   Vote %
Cruz
   27.7%
Trump
   24.4%
Rubio
   23%
Carson
   9.3%
Paul
   4.5%
Bush
   2.8%
Kasich
   1.9%
Fiorina
   1.8%
Huckabee
   1.7%
Christie
   1.7%
Santorum
   1%
Gilmore
   0%

Suck on it, Jew! :yeah:

alfred russel

With 83% in, Sanders has closed the gap to 11 and less than 1%....on the one hand, I want Clinton to win, but on the other it would be an epic comeback...what do I value more, the leadership of my country or a chance at a funny SNL skit this weekend?  :hmm:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)

DGuller

alfred russel

Quote from: katmai on February 01, 2016, 10:22:03 PM
Trump barely holding on the second.

Oh now that would be fucking awesome in every way possible for him to fall to third.  :)

Phillip V

Looks like we're gonna get a bitter 3-way fight for the Republican nomination.

Sanders needs to squeeze through a win to keep it fun for both sides.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Phillip V on February 01, 2016, 10:26:46 PM
Sanders needs to squeeze through a win to keep it fun for both sides.

With a split vote in Iowa the race is going to be interesting on the Democratic side for while.

Admiral Yi

alfred russel

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 01, 2016, 10:28:51 PM

With a split vote in Iowa the race is going to be interesting on the Democratic side for while.

There seems to be some sentiment that Sanders needs to win...Clinton has a big lead among minorities, so if Sanders can't win in Iowa, it begs the question how many states he really can win. He set to win in New Hampshire, and then get slaughtered in Nevada, South Carolina, and then the SEC primaries. Will a close loss in Iowa and a win in New Hampshire build enough momentum to turn current polling around?

alfred russel

Clinton's lead down to 3 delegates with 90% reporting...

Phillip V

Quote from: alfred russel on February 01, 2016, 10:49:22 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 01, 2016, 10:28:51 PM

There seems to be some sentiment that Sanders needs to win...Clinton has a big lead among minorities, so if Sanders can't win in Iowa, it begs the question how many states he really can win. He set to win in New Hampshire, and then get slaughtered in Nevada, South Carolina, and then the SEC primaries. Will a close loss in Iowa and a win in New Hampshire build enough momentum to turn current polling around?

Sanders definitely needs a double whammy (IA+NH).  Obama was able to stomach a New Hampshire loss to Clinton because he had a South Carolina firewall afterwards.  That does not apply to Sanders.

Admiral Yi