And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

Quote from: Phillip V on February 01, 2016, 09:04:32 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 01, 2016, 08:57:35 PM
Cruz with a slim lead, but the numbers are small, I assume these are more rural sites reporting first?
Historically, yes.

Cruz and Clinton need to rack in large early leads before the later greater urban votes start coming in (which I assume favor Trump and Sanders).
Last thing i read was Sanders needs college towns as Des Moines was expected to be Hillary territory.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

alfred russel

Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 01, 2016, 09:14:41 PM
40% in

Clinton 51.5%
Sanders 47.9%

If Clinton were to lose, I'm sure she will put a brave face on it, but that would have to be a very sad concession speech.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Phillip V

Quote from: alfred russel on February 01, 2016, 09:16:15 PM
40% in

Clinton 51.5%
Sanders 47.9%

If Clinton were to lose, I'm sure she will put a brave face on it, but that would have to be a very sad concession speech.

She will be slaughtered in the news and by the water coolers all over the world.  Iowa would have crushed her dreams a second time.

Meanwhile, I am now following the NYTimes election map.  It is better:  http://www.nytimes.com/elections/2016/primaries/iowa

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Habbaku

Looks like Clinton will squeak out a win in Iowa, then get slaughtered in New Hampshire.  That should make for interesting news going forward.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

I really hope Cruz wins in Iowa so Trump doesn't.  Cruz can go down in flames a la Santorum, but if Trump takes Iowa he may just gin up support in more sane states.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

jimmy olsen

25% in for the GOP

Cruz 29.9%
Trump 26.8%
Rubio 18.9%

1 Karma Chameleon point

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Habbaku on February 01, 2016, 09:22:59 PM
I really hope Cruz wins in Iowa so Trump doesn't.  Cruz can go down in flames a la Santorum, but if Trump takes Iowa he may just gin up support in more sane states.

It'd be better if he got third so the race became Trump vs Rubio early on, but that's probably not gonna happen.

I think Trump benefits the most from a cluttered field. He has the highest negatives.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

celedhring

Quote from: Phillip V on February 01, 2016, 09:18:27 PM
Quote from: alfred russel on February 01, 2016, 09:16:15 PM
40% in

Clinton 51.5%
Sanders 47.9%

She will be slaughtered in the news and by the water coolers all over the world.  Iowa would have crushed her dreams a second time.

Meanwhile, I am now following the NYTimes election map.  It is better:  http://www.nytimes.com/elections/2016/primaries/iowa

Gotta love the breakdowns they have when scrolling down. The democrats have a "higher/lower college graduates" category, which is replaced by a "higher/lower evangelicals" for the GOP :p

alfred russel

Quote from: Habbaku on February 01, 2016, 09:22:59 PM

I think Rubio ends up the nominee, but I'm not sure how we get there. Santorum was a dumbass who did dumbass things and had no money, all of which conspired to undermine his campaign, such as when he spent a few days campaigning in Puerto Rico only to lose the primary there by a zillion. Cruz is evil, but smart, and has money.

Iowa and New Hampshire are not red states. If Cruz wins Iowa, and Trump New Hampshire, where does the Rubio magic come from?
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

jimmy olsen

40% reported

Cruz
18,981 Votes
29.1%
Trump
17,018 Votes
26.1%
Rubio
13,235 Votes
20.3%

1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

Dems tightening. 63% in

Clinton
50.7%
Sanders
48.7%

1 Karma Chameleon point

Eddie Teach

Quote from: alfred russel on February 01, 2016, 09:34:47 PM
Iowa and New Hampshire are not red states. If Cruz wins Iowa, and Trump New Hampshire, where does the Rubio magic come from?

Thing is, Rubio can come in third and have it be considered a win due to momentum. He had been getting 10-12% in polls for ages. Course, he'll need to continue that momentum in upcoming states.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

jimmy olsen

50% in for the GOP

Cruz
24,890 Votes
28.9%
Trump
21,736 Votes
25.2%
Rubio
18,159 Votes
21.1%

1 Karma Chameleon point