2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 16, 2015, 10:22:58 AM
Quote from: Berkut on March 16, 2015, 09:00:05 AM
That is great, but since crime stats for blacks are much higher than "everywhere else" seeing them fall at the same rate means that whatever efforts are being made specific to that problem are not, in fact, working.

I don't care about narrative's and certainly don't care about YOUR narrative, which is rather grotesque. But I do care about results.

That black crime is somehow separate and distinct from other crime implies that not only they are the ones at fault for it, they are the only ones that can fix it.

An impressive strawman - you are going to have to find someone else to argue it with though, I am not touching any such ridiculous claim that "only they can fix it".

What is kind of funny though is that YOU are the one claiming that in fact THEY are trying to fix it. Seems odd to find offense with your own argument.

But no, out of touch assholes like you still want to frame it that way. 

No, that is your framing, not mine.

If you didn't care about narratives, then we would be reading about your faux concern over results about white violence and male violence as well.   But we aren't.

That isn't the subject. If you would like to talk about those things, I would be happy to do so. And I've talked about related topics plenty. Mass shooting (almost a completely white male phenomenon), for example. So the claim that I don't talk about them is on its face, completely false.

Anyway, I've had enough of your nasty ass bullshit, Jeff.  Never put a poster on Ignore before, but you're the first, asshole. 

:lmfao:

That is rich, Seedy. Go right ahead and ignore me and my "nasty ass bullshit". I will take it as a mark of honor that I was able to get you to rage quit on trying to label me, at least, as some kind of closet racist.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Jacob

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 16, 2015, 10:22:58 AM
Anyway, I've had enough of your nasty ass bullshit, Jeff.  Never put a poster on Ignore before, but you're the first, asshole.

Wait, the ignore function is back?

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Eddie Teach

Quote from: grumbler on March 16, 2015, 01:34:40 PM
Has Jacob posted in this thread yet?

Dunno, have him and Guller on ignore.  :sleep:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

http://news.yahoo.com/texas-senator-ted-cruz-announce-presidential-run-report-060653357.html

QuoteTexas Senator Ted Cruz to announce presidential run: report

Republican Senator Ted Cruz plans to announce on Monday that he will run for president in 2016, the Houston Chronicle reported on its website.

The newspaper, citing senior advisers to the Texas senator who spoke on condition of anonymity, reported that Cruz would launch a presidential bid outright rather than the traditional path of forming an exploratory committee.

He would become the first Republican presidential candidate to announce a run for the 2016 election.

Cruz, a leading conservative who was elected to the U.S. Senate in 2012, is slated to make a speech on Monday at Liberty University in Virginia. "You're going to want to be there," a member of Cruz' staff told the Daily Beast web site but declined to reveal the specific nature of the address.

Last weekend the first-term Texas senator was in New Hampshire, a state crucial to presidential aspirants because of its early primary. Also there were other potential candidates: Jeb Bush, the former governor of Florida; former Texas governor Rick Perry; and Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker.

Cruz has also spent time in Iowa, another key early state

In an interview on MSNBC last week, Cruz said he had been getting "very encouraging" support regarding a presidential run.

Liberty University, an evangelical Christian school, was established by the late conservative evangelist Jerry Falwell.

Cruz would aim to raise between $40 million and $50 million over the course of the primary campaign, the Chronicle reported.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: garbon on March 22, 2015, 05:03:22 AM
Cruz, a leading conservative who was elected to the U.S. Senate in 2012,

So after 8 years of Obama, have Republicans decided experience is overrated?  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

KRonn

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 22, 2015, 11:18:36 AM
Quote from: garbon on March 22, 2015, 05:03:22 AM
Cruz, a leading conservative who was elected to the U.S. Senate in 2012,

So after 8 years of Obama, have Republicans decided experience is overrated?  :hmm:

I like some of what Cruz says about unaccountable government and such but I don't see him as president or getting very far if he runs. He appeals to a narrow part of the electorate. I would think he's more like Kucinich of the Dems or Ron Paul or Ralph Nader when those guys ran in every election but never came close to getting the nom. Seems like their running mainly gives voice to their views and what they think is broken in government but they can never get for or be seen as viable candidates.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Siege

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Siege

How long until the mainstream media labels Cruz's followers as "crusaders"?

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Valmy

Quote from: Siege on March 23, 2015, 01:29:46 PM

Cruz-aders? Nice!

But they can never be as awesome as Crusaders.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Berkut

Quote from: Siege on March 23, 2015, 01:29:46 PM

Hopefully they just label them morons.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

mongers

Guys, just five hundred and ninety-six days to go till the election.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"