2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Not enough time to pass an amendment allowing Brits to be eligible, sorry.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

crazy canuck

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 23, 2015, 02:59:55 PM

How did the first American presidents overcome that problem?

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

Quote from: Berkut on March 23, 2015, 02:20:53 PM
Quote from: Siege on March 23, 2015, 01:29:46 PM
How long until the mainstream media labels Cruz's followers as "crusaders"?

Hopefully they just label them morons.
+1
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

celedhring

I can't say I know much of Ted Cruz, despite having seen his name a lot. Can somebody give me a rundown on where he stands in the Republican landscape?

Eddie Teach

Well, 11B doesn't like him, so can't be all bad.  :P
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Berkut

He is the utterly idiotic personification of everything that is wrong with the Tea Party, without any of the core values that actually drove the creation of the Tea Party.

One of those "I am stupid, and proud of it!" types.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

crazy canuck

Quote from: Berkut on March 23, 2015, 03:07:26 PM
One of those "I am stupid, and proud of it!" types.

You could have just summarized that as "he gave up his Canadian citizenship". :D

Admiral Yi

Quote from: celedhring on March 23, 2015, 03:05:04 PM
I can't say I know much of Ted Cruz, despite having seen his name a lot. Can somebody give me a rundown on where he stands in the Republican landscape?

For starters he was the driving force behind the last government shutdown over Obamacare.

derspiess

Some people say he looks like a young Joe McCarthy, but I think he looks a little more like a young LBJ.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

11B4V

Quote from: derspiess on March 23, 2015, 03:15:19 PM
Some people say he looks like a young Joe McCarthy, but I think he looks a little more like a young LBJ.

I think he even looks like a wacko.

Sheilbh

Quote from: celedhring on March 23, 2015, 03:05:04 PM
He's a talking head not a politician. He fills that uniquely American niche for conservative politics as performance art. He won't win. He'll probably do quite badly. Despite this he will still be pointed to as an example of how crazy Republicans are.
Let's bomb Russia!

crazy canuck

Quote from: crazy canuck on March 23, 2015, 03:01:23 PM

Bump.

Was the requirement of being born an American added at some later date?

Barrister

Quote from: crazy canuck on March 23, 2015, 04:51:56 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on March 23, 2015, 03:01:23 PM

Bump.

Was the requirement of being born an American added at some later date?

Washington and the early presidents were born in places that later became the USA.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.