Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

Admiral Yi

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Razgovory on February 14, 2015, 10:38:01 PM
Quote from: Sheilbh on February 13, 2015, 12:01:16 PM
God willing :w00t: :wub:

Edit: And yes. Laying out his case in Iowa recently :w00t:

I have never seen a vice president who was more of a non-entity then Biden.
Quail
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

MadImmortalMan

They eat all the seedlings in my lawn in big flocks. I hate the damn things.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

dps

Quote from: Sheilbh on February 14, 2015, 11:03:31 PM
Ghastly for you, I think for most Republicans there are some good and exciting options. Then, most Republicans aren't gay, black and looking forward to living in Europe.

I can't speak for most Republicans, but FWIW, so far I'm not impressed with any of the choices, either.

Razgovory

Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 15, 2015, 09:58:55 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on February 14, 2015, 10:38:01 PM
Quote from: Sheilbh on February 13, 2015, 12:01:16 PM
God willing :w00t: :wub:

Edit: And yes. Laying out his case in Iowa recently :w00t:

I have never seen a vice president who was more of a non-entity then Biden.
Quail

You are right.  He's such a non-entity I forgot all about him.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Neil

Dan Quayle was the stereotypical vice-president.  The only time he appeared in the news was when he was embarassing the administration.  But he was a young gun foisted on Bush by the party, who thought he was some sort of star, and he would represent the conservative wing of the party.  Unfortunately, like most conservative Republicans, he was a bit of a fuckup.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Admiral Yi

My understanding is Bush handpicked Quayle because he thought he was a young man who would benefit from his mentoring.

KRonn

Quote from: dps on February 15, 2015, 11:58:14 PM
Quote from: Sheilbh on February 14, 2015, 11:03:31 PM
Ghastly for you, I think for most Republicans there are some good and exciting options. Then, most Republicans aren't gay, black and looking forward to living in Europe.

I can't speak for most Republicans, but FWIW, so far I'm not impressed with any of the choices, either.

So far I like Walker and Bush well enough but it's early yet and they have lots of time to show more of what they're like. Some of the others may speak well, such as Dr Carson but I don't see him getting anywhere in the rough and tumble of a primary campaign.

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Eddie Teach

Is there supposed to be some kind of scale? $300 doesn't sound very newsworthy.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

HisMajestyBOB

Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help