News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Martinus

Syt

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-38018439

QuoteRussia spokeswoman says Jews mainly backed Trump

A spokeswoman for Russia's foreign ministry has said Jewish people in New York told her they had mainly backed Donald Trump in the US election.

Speaking on TV, Maria Zakharova said Jews had told her they donated both to Mr Trump and Hillary Clinton.

She joked that American Jews were the best guide to US politics.

The diplomat's remarks caused shock. Anti-US propagandists in the last century peddled an idea that rich New York Jews controlled US politics.

Ms Zakharova was speaking on a chat show on Russian state TV at the weekend but her comments drew more attention after being picked up by media outlets on Thursday.

Loud applause

She said she had visited New York with an official Russian delegation at the time of the last UN General Assembly, in September.

"I have a lot of friends and acquaintances there, of course I was interested to find out: how are the elections going, what are the American people's expectations?" she said.

"If you want to know what will happen in America, who do you need to talk to? You have to talk to the Jews, of course. It goes without saying."

At this, the TV studio audience applauded loudly.

"I went here and there among them, to chat," she continued.

Imitating a Jewish accent, Mrs Zakharova said Jewish people had told her: "'Marochka, understand this - we'll donate to Clinton, of course. But we'll give the Republicans twice that amount.' Enough said! That settled it for me - the picture was clear.

"If you want to know the future, don't read the mainstream newspapers - our people in Brighton [Beach] will tell you everything."

She was referring to a district of Brooklyn with a large diaspora of Jewish emigres from the former Soviet Union.

'Wow'

Russian opposition activist Roman Dobrokhotov wrote on Twitter (in Russian) that the spokeswoman had "explained Trump's victory as a Jewish conspiracy".

Michael McFaul, the former US ambassador to Moscow, commented on Facebook, "Wow. And this is the woman who criticizes me for not being diplomatic."

During the election campaign, Mrs Clinton accused Mr Trump of posting a "blatantly anti-Semitic" tweet after he used an image resembling the Star of David and stacks of money.

Mr Trump, whose son-in-law Jared Kushner is Jewish, dismissed the accusation as "ridiculous".

An exit poll by US non-profit J Street suggests an overwhelming majority of US Jews voted for Hillary Clinton in the presidential election.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Maladict

Quote from: Martinus on November 10, 2016, 07:18:06 AM
I was serious about Kanye West.

He is a celebrity, rich, black and has some really maverick moronic ideas.

fyp

QuoteKanye West 'would've voted for Trump' in US elections

At concert in San Jose the rapper – who did not vote – said he admired the future president's debating style and that his win would expose racism in America

Kanye West has said he would have voted for Donald Trump in the 2016 presidential elections. Speaking at a concert in San Jose, California, the rapper – who has in the past been a vocal supporter of the Democratic party – said he did not vote last week but if he had, his allegiance would have been with the Republican representative rather than Hillary Clinton.

West's statement, which was met with boos from the audience in San Jose, was caught on camera by one Twitter user:

West elaborated throughout the show. He stated that while he admired Trump's debating style – saying that it was "genius" because it "worked" – his true reason for backing the Republican was that his win would inspire racists to reveal themselves. "This is the beginning," West said, according to one attendee, adding: "Neither candidate would fix racism in this country."

According to reports from the show, West, who has said he will run for president in 2020, also stated that black people should "stop focusing on racism". "We are in a racist country," he said. "Period."

West, no stranger to a provocative statement, also reportedly said he had been a Trump supporter for a while, but was advised by Justin Bieber's manager, Scooter Braun, to conceal this opinion ahead of the election.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Grey Fox

Ron Perlman & Kanye West!

What a year 2020 is going to be.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Valmy

Quote from: FunkMonk on November 18, 2016, 09:49:48 AM
2020 is going to be an amazing shit show.

Yeah. I predicted that last year.

I have no idea why people think the country is completely destroyed and that all establishment politicians must be destroyed and pop culture celebrities must replace them but here we go.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Grey Fox

Quote from: Valmy on November 18, 2016, 09:59:10 AM
Quote from: FunkMonk on November 18, 2016, 09:49:48 AM
2020 is going to be an amazing shit show.

Yeah. I predicted that last year.

I have no idea why people think the country is completely destroyed and that all establishment politicians must be destroyed and pop culture celebrities must replace them but here we go.

Congresses everywhere are unenable to do anything without weeks on end of posturing. From either side. And when they do get something done it is always a compromise to bad that the original intent is clearly gone. See: Obamacare or the x times the Republicans just let raise the debt ceiling happen anyway.

Valmy

Wait. Everywhere? Are you talking about Canada as well here?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Grey Fox

No, we don't have a congress.

States & Federal in the USA, mostly Federal tho. I only hear of the State ones when they do something crazy.

Valmy

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 18, 2016, 10:04:56 AM
No, we don't have a congress.

States & Federal in the USA, mostly Federal tho. I only hear of the State ones when they do something crazy.

Ah ok.

Martinus

Quote from: Maladict on November 18, 2016, 09:27:14 AM
Quote from: Martinus on November 10, 2016, 07:18:06 AM
I was serious about Kanye West.

He is a celebrity, rich, black and has some really maverick moronic ideas.

fyp

QuoteKanye West 'would've voted for Trump' in US elections

At concert in San Jose the rapper – who did not vote – said he admired the future president's debating style and that his win would expose racism in America

Kanye West has said he would have voted for Donald Trump in the 2016 presidential elections. Speaking at a concert in San Jose, California, the rapper – who has in the past been a vocal supporter of the Democratic party – said he did not vote last week but if he had, his allegiance would have been with the Republican representative rather than Hillary Clinton.

West's statement, which was met with boos from the audience in San Jose, was caught on camera by one Twitter user:

West elaborated throughout the show. He stated that while he admired Trump's debating style – saying that it was "genius" because it "worked" – his true reason for backing the Republican was that his win would inspire racists to reveal themselves. "This is the beginning," West said, according to one attendee, adding: "Neither candidate would fix racism in this country."

According to reports from the show, West, who has said he will run for president in 2020, also stated that black people should "stop focusing on racism". "We are in a racist country," he said. "Period."

West, no stranger to a provocative statement, also reportedly said he had been a Trump supporter for a while, but was advised by Justin Bieber's manager, Scooter Braun, to conceal this opinion ahead of the election.

Trump vs. West 2020. The year America became really great. Bigly.  :lol:

derspiess

So apparently it's a thing now for Trump supporters to go to Starbucks and have the barista write "Trump" on their cup :huh:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Eddie Teach

That will show those effete liberal Starbucks customers!  :lol:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?