2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Eddie Teach on November 17, 2016, 04:05:53 PM
Quote from: garbon on November 17, 2016, 08:37:56 AM
:jaron:

Interesting piece by Coulter, my ass.

The half black girl at Yale struck a nerve, huh?

Was that in the piece? I wouldn't read anything by Coulter.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: garbon on November 17, 2016, 04:08:42 PM
Was that in the piece?

No. 
Well the words "half black girls at Yale" are in the piece, but there aren't any actual girls at Yale being referred to or any actual fact or occurrence in the real world. 

As you wisely guessed by not reading - typical Coulter nonsense.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on November 17, 2016, 04:23:52 PM
Dang.  Hillary's already letting herself go :(

Didn't know grandmothers were supposed to stay hawt.

garbon

Omg, a woman wears barely any makeup. How dare she?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

HVC

Quote from: garbon on November 17, 2016, 04:33:30 PM
Omg, a woman wears barely any makeup. How dare she?

If people can make fun of orange trump then they can make fun of pasty Hillary.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: HVC on November 17, 2016, 05:08:05 PM
If people can make fun of orange trump then they can make fun of pasty Hillary.

It's different.  Donald sprays himself orange because he thinks it looks good.  Hillary looks that way because that's the way she looks.

HVC

Fine, then making fun of his balding (or hiding it) it's pot shots at appearance.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

Admiral Yi

Quote from: HVC on November 17, 2016, 05:10:41 PM
Fine, then making fun of his balding (or hiding it) it's pot shots at appearance.

Mocking the National Combover is mocking his choice about how he deals with balding, not his appearance per se.

garbon

He pointedly does bizarre things with his hair.

Meanwhile, Hillary is someone who just had the biggest let down of her life. I'm pretty okay with her not getting all gussied up.

garbon

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 17, 2016, 05:12:48 PM

Mocking the National Combover is mocking his choice about how he deals with balding, not his appearance per se.

Yep. If he embraced his hair loss, I don't think anyone would bat an eye.

HVC

garbon

Quote from: HVC on November 17, 2016, 05:16:42 PM
We'll agree to disagree.

I mean what evidence do you have otherwise? I think generally we don't say a lot about the general look of male politicians unless they are acting particularly vile.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: HVC on November 17, 2016, 05:16:42 PM
We'll agree to disagree.

You'll agree to disagree; Grab On and I will arrogantly parade our correct conclusion in your face.  Grab On more arrogantly than I.

You don't have a combover, do you?