News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Martinus

I'm just trying to fit in with the cool kids.  :cry:

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on November 17, 2016, 11:08:20 AM
I'm just trying to fit in with the cool kids.  :cry:

You might as well not. You've been judged and found wanting.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Martinus on November 17, 2016, 03:05:54 AM
So, all the people who kept telling everybody that refusing to vote for Hillary means a vote for Trump would have not voted for Bernie, thus electing Trump?  :hmm:

You seem to be confused.  America is big country with lots of people with lots of different views.  Just as there are people who would vote Bernie in the primary and not HRC in the general so there are people who would do the opposite.  It's not a lot of people in both cases but only a few % is enough to do the damage.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Martinus on November 17, 2016, 08:32:20 AM
An interesting piece by Ann Coulter (amidst her typical hyperbole):

That fact that you don't see the absurdity of Anne Coulter - of all people- accusing others of hysterical and over-the-top rhetoric, just emphasizes your general cluelessness on American politics.

Coulter is one of reasons American political discourse has become so poisionous and petty.  This article is a good illustration why.  It is completely substance free, its sole purpose is venting nasty and sarcastic put-downs and snarky personal asides.  It is "interesting" only if your idea of interesting discussion is modelled after a junior high school girls clique.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

The Minsky Moment

--Joan Robinson

Maladict

Watching Obama answering questions in Berlin. Thoughtful, measured, rational. I'll miss that guy  :(

derspiess

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Berkut

Quote from: derspiess on November 17, 2016, 03:53:13 PM
I won't.

We know. You've made your feelings about he first black President abundantly clear.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Maximus

Eddie Teach

Quote from: garbon on November 17, 2016, 08:37:56 AM
:jaron:

Interesting piece by Coulter, my ass.

The half black girl at Yale struck a nerve, huh?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?