2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfred russel

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 19, 2016, 02:06:28 PM
Quote from: Jacob on October 19, 2016, 02:04:59 PM
Apparently Roger Ailes is no longer advising the Trump campaign.

There's nothing left for him to teach Donald about sexual assault.  The student has become the master.

:lol:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

alfred russel

Quote from: Barrister on October 19, 2016, 02:07:36 PM

For Trump's sake I hope it's because he realizes it looks terrible when you're being accused of being sexually aggressive with women, to be getting advice from someone who is accused of being sexually aggressive with women.

But knowing Trump that's probably not the reason why.

Knowing Trump, Ailes probably quit as an advisor because he wasn't getting paid.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)

Barrister

Quote from: alfred russel on October 19, 2016, 02:14:53 PM
Quote from: Barrister on October 19, 2016, 02:07:36 PM

For Trump's sake I hope it's because he realizes it looks terrible when you're being accused of being sexually aggressive with women, to be getting advice from someone who is accused of being sexually aggressive with women.

But knowing Trump that's probably not the reason why.

Knowing Trump, Ailes probably quit as an advisor because he wasn't getting paid.

Apparently Ailes realized that Trump wouldn't listen to anyone, including him, and that advising him was a waste of time.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/301810-report-trump-ailes-no-longer-speaking
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

alfred russel

LaCroix

the story helps debunk those theories that trump has been doing all this to set up his own news channel

Liep

Will it be worth it to watch the last debate tonight?
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Liep on October 19, 2016, 06:02:07 PM

I'm thinking of skipping it.  The only thing that would make it worthwhile for me is if Trump does a complete 180, confesses that he has grabbed thousands and thousands of pussies, but that he recently found Jesus and begs the nation's foregiveness just as he begged his personal Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ, for foregiveness.  Or if he had a total break down and started grunting and screaming on stage.

Liep

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 19, 2016, 06:06:13 PM
Quote from: Liep on October 19, 2016, 06:02:07 PM

I'm thinking of skipping it.  The only thing that would make it worthwhile for me is if Trump does a complete 180, confesses that he has grabbed thousands and thousands of pussies, but that he recently found Jesus and begs the nation's foregiveness just as he begged his personal Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ, for foregiveness.  Or if he had a total break down and started grunting and screaming on stage.

That's kinda what I've been hoping for in the last two debates. I guess I'll see if I can stay awake, last time Fail-Safe kept me alert, this time a 12 Monkeys re-watch will have to pull the same feat.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

lustindarkness

I'll watch the shit show, might as well, maybe he has a surprise stunt for us all.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

11B4V

Quote from: Zanza on October 19, 2016, 12:39:17 PM
I wonder if I should watch the shitshow tonight. It will surely be a historical low in the history of Western democracy, so worth seeing. But it's at 3am local time here, which is a bit stressful if I have to work again tomorrow.
I will not miss it.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Berkut on October 19, 2016, 12:27:18 PM
Find a spot for Michelle Obama on it.

I would say something for Obama himself, but I know he is going to USSC...

I hear she hates DC with a passion and wants to move back to Chicago though.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Razgovory

http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?term=trumpery

trumpery (n.) Look up trumpery at Dictionary.commid-15c., "deceit, trickery," from Middle French tromperie (14c.), from tromper "to deceive," of uncertain origin (see trump (v.2), which has influenced the spelling in English). Meaning "showy but worthless finery" is first recorded c. 1600.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Eddie Teach

Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 19, 2016, 06:33:33 PM

Did the Korean ambassador tell you that?  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Eddie Teach on October 19, 2016, 06:47:52 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 19, 2016, 06:33:33 PM

Did the Korean ambassador tell you that?  :hmm:

I thought it was common knowledge. :unsure:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Jaron

http://www.sltrib.com/news/4485415-155/evan-mcmullin-takes-the-lead-in

Well, I guess I was wrong about Clinton taking Utah, but correct in that Trump will probably not win the state.
Winner of THE grumbler point.