2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Seriously, that's some scary rhetoric coming from a nominee by a major party for, well, any civilized Western country.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

Quote from: Syt on October 13, 2016, 01:01:12 PM
Seriously, that's some scary rhetoric coming from a nominee by a major party for, well, any civilized Western country.

It is the kind of thing the right says in Texas all the time. The country is doomed, everybody build your bunkers for the civil war.

Crazy assholes.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

I'm going to take a step back from the swirling maelstrom of stink engulfing Donald Trump and those kissing his posterior, that would be you Sean Hannity, and admire the professional hit we've just witnessed. The Israeli assassins in Operation Wrath of God have absolutely nothing on the people who have just carried out an epic political attack on Trump that will be studied for years to come. This is how you turn what could be a series of troubling innuendos which would probably add up to half a nothingburger into a potentially campaign killing hit. But it only works if your target is an egomaniacal buffoon and is advised by cretins. And the media is a wholly owned subsidiary of the party making the attack.

http://www.redstate.com/streiff/2016/10/13/sexual-assault-hit-trump-masterwork-political-attacks/

Article goes on from there.  I think the article has it spot on.  And as a minor-league political hack myself i have to hand it to the Clinton campaign - this really has been a master-stroke against Trump.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Syt

Trump is a true martyr:

QuoteTrump:

They knew they would stop at nothing to try to stop me. But I never knew that it would be this vile... Nevertheless, I take all these slings and arrows gladly for you. I take them for our movement.

Trump then elaborates on his conspiracy theory that Bill Clinton planned to meet with attorney general Loretta Lynch on her airplane on an Arizona tarmac.

"He was never there to play golf, folks. Don't be foolish," Trump says.

(If Clinton wanted a secret meeting with Lynch, would he have done it in public?)

I believe they talked about her remaining in her position under a crooked Hillary Clinton administration. That's what I believe. That's what I believe folks. And I think that's what most people in this room believe.

Trump said he had a nice life and he could have kept living it "instead of going through this absolute horror show of lies."

Now I'm being punished for leaving the special club and revealing to you the terrible things that are going on with this country
. Because I used to be part of the club, I'm the only one that can fix it.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Valmy

Well maybe if our campaigns were about issues instead of TMZ bullshit that would not have worked.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Syt

Quote from: Barrister on October 13, 2016, 01:06:24 PM
Article goes on from there.  I think the article has it spot on.  And as a minor-league political hack myself i have to hand it to the Clinton campaign - this really has been a master-stroke against Trump.

Yeah, the moment he unambiguously said he has "not done those things" as the question was worded, I thought, "Well, that's it. Let's wait and see how many will come out and say otherwise, and if there's not more and possibly worse clips."
—Stephen Jay Gould

Admiral Yi

garbon

Quote from: Syt on October 13, 2016, 01:07:50 PM
Trump is a true martyr:

QuoteTrump:

They knew they would stop at nothing to try to stop me. But I never knew that it would be this vile... Nevertheless, I take all these slings and arrows gladly for you. I take them for our movement.

Trump then elaborates on his conspiracy theory that Bill Clinton planned to meet with attorney general Loretta Lynch on her airplane on an Arizona tarmac.

"He was never there to play golf, folks. Don't be foolish," Trump says.

(If Clinton wanted a secret meeting with Lynch, would he have done it in public?)

I believe they talked about her remaining in her position under a crooked Hillary Clinton administration. That's what I believe. That's what I believe folks. And I think that's what most people in this room believe.

Trump said he had a nice life and he could have kept living it "instead of going through this absolute horror show of lies."

Now I'm being punished for leaving the special club and revealing to you the terrible things that are going on with this country
. Because I used to be part of the club, I'm the only one that can fix it.

Trump is St. Sebastian.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on October 13, 2016, 01:09:18 PM
Well maybe if our campaigns were about issues instead of TMZ bullshit that would not have worked.

If our campaigns were about issues, Trump would never had made it past the primaries.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Jacob

Quote from: Barrister on October 13, 2016, 01:06:24 PMArticle goes on from there.  I think the article has it spot on.  And as a minor-league political hack myself i have to hand it to the Clinton campaign - this really has been a master-stroke against Trump.

Seems like Redstate is buying into the "the media is owned by the Democratic party" line.

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on October 13, 2016, 01:18:48 PM
Trump is St. Sebastian.

Yeah I was going to post that.

Crazy. Somehow this election just keeps getting more loony tunes.

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on October 13, 2016, 01:19:19 PM
Quote from: Valmy on October 13, 2016, 01:09:18 PM

If our campaigns were about issues, Trump would never had made it past the primaries.

Indeed. Eventually it burned him.

Razgovory

Quote from: Valmy on October 13, 2016, 01:03:54 PM

It is the kind of thing the right says in Texas all the time. The country is doomed, everybody build your bunkers for the civil war.

Crazy assholes.

Are they up to imprisoning their enemies and their lawyers as well?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

Quote from: Jacob on October 13, 2016, 01:19:22 PM
Quote from: Barrister on October 13, 2016, 01:06:24 PMArticle goes on from there.  I think the article has it spot on.  And as a minor-league political hack myself i have to hand it to the Clinton campaign - this really has been a master-stroke against Trump.

Seems like Redstate is buying into the "the media is owned by the Democratic party" line.

Eh some sections of the media are probably closely aligned. Of course that ignores the enormous power of conservative media, they are always bragging about how everybody watches Fox News and nobody watches CNN and company. You know, until they need to whine about how the other team controls all the media.

Granted Redstate might not do that.

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on October 13, 2016, 01:31:25 PM
Quote from: Valmy on October 13, 2016, 01:03:54 PM

Crazy assholes.

Are they up to imprisoning their enemies and their lawyers as well?

Hey I said it was similar not identical!