2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Tweet:

Quote"She doesn't quit, she doesn't give up, she's a fighter."

Isn't that called...stamina? #debate
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Liep

Was it worth staying up for? Nelson scored a TD but is otherwise underperforming, so inconclusive.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

alfred russel

Quote from: garbon on October 09, 2016, 09:37:45 PM
Quote from: Liep on October 09, 2016, 09:36:50 PM
She didn't really have a lot of good things to say.

I think it'd be hard to not come off as lying.

The Trumps and Clintons were not exactly enemies before the campaign. I get the bad blood of the campaign and each standing the way of the other's ultimate ambitions, but I think the animosity is to a large extent an act.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

garbon

Quote from: Liep on October 09, 2016, 09:46:54 PM
Quote from: garbon on October 09, 2016, 09:45:56 PM
Trump didn't do much with Bill Clinton's women. Why go ugly if you aren't going to accomplish anything with it? Clinton didn't even engage with his barb and he never touched it again.

Like he's going to do with the emails and benghazi he's going to claim it never came up in the debate because of media bias.

Yeah sure, but seems awfully ineffectual. Particularly when it wasn't even a strategy Republicans were all that interested in.

Will be interesting to see how story progresses regarding grabbing pussy given that he's apologies for it were basically to trivialize it as a minor issue and a distraction. Basically the same response that got people up in arms.

On a positive for him, he did hit up a lot of standard conservative talking points.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

Quote from: Habbaku on October 09, 2016, 09:43:49 PM
We've reached Peak Roman Republic: win the election or be prosecuted.

That is a bit worrying.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

alfred russel

Quote from: Razgovory on October 09, 2016, 09:53:56 PM

That is a bit worrying.

The Early Roman Empire had some good times. The first couple centuries were arguably the best of ancient rome.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)

garbon

lustindarkness

The "You'd be in jail" was funny, but it sure was not very presidential.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

DGuller

My first instinct to not watch this shit was correct.  :(

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Quote from: alfred russel on October 09, 2016, 09:56:12 PM

That is a bit worrying.

The Early Roman Empire had some good times. The first couple centuries were arguably the best of ancient rome.

Being sacked by Celts doesn't sound that great. Well ok maybe compared to this election it does.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

PDH

Quote from: Valmy on October 09, 2016, 10:12:52 PM

Being sacked by Celts doesn't sound that great. Well ok maybe compared to this election it does.
:rolleyes:  That was early Republic.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Grinning_Colossus

Nearly everything between Augustus and Thrax was gravy, though. If only we took Donald's advice about making other countries pay us for protection...
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

alfred russel

Quote from: Valmy on October 09, 2016, 10:12:52 PM
Quote from: alfred russel on October 09, 2016, 09:56:12 PM

That is a bit worrying.

I think you are mixing up the republic and the empire, but in any event the celts included forerunners of the French. Don't you want more french around?

Valmy

Quote from: alfred russel on October 09, 2016, 10:20:01 PM
I think you are mixing up the republic and the empire, but in any event the celts included forerunners of the French. Don't you want more french around?

Oops :blush:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."