2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

I got the feeling Hillary thought the longer she talked after her time was up, the higher her score.

Was Donald's heckling pretty much the same first time? 

garbon

Interesting Clintons went to talk to voters. Trumps immediately started talking to each other.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Liep

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 09, 2016, 09:38:31 PM
I got the feeling Hillary thought the longer she talked after her time was up, the higher her score.

He heckled more in the first debate, specifically he shouted "WRONG!" many times when she spoke.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

garbon

Quote from: Liep on October 09, 2016, 09:39:51 PM

He heckled more in the first debate, specifically he shouted "WRONG!" many times when she spoke.

On the other hand this was the first debate where he basically called for her to be locked up.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Zanza on October 09, 2016, 09:09:06 PM
He really likes the words disaster and mess. Having the best words should mean some variety.

I dunno, why use all the words when you have the best?  ;)
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

mongers

Quote from: garbon on October 09, 2016, 09:40:53 PM

On the other hand this was the first debate where he basically called for her to be locked up.

Yeah that was odd/sinister.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Liep

Quote from: garbon on October 09, 2016, 09:40:53 PM

More than that, he said she'd be in jail under his presidency.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

lustindarkness

He did not explode so I guess he did well? She did well, but that was expected.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Habbaku

We've reached Peak Roman Republic: win the election or be prosecuted.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Admiral Yi

If I'd been drinking every time Donald answered the question, I'd be very sober.  SC nominees, that's all I can think of.

mongers

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 09, 2016, 09:43:56 PM
If I'd been drinking every time Donald answered the question, I'd be very sober.  SC nominees, that's all I can think of.

I suggest disaster as your new trigger word.  :P
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

garbon

Trump didn't do much with Bill Clinton's women. Why go ugly if you aren't going to accomplish anything with it? Clinton didn't even engage with his barb and he never touched it again.

Liep

Quote from: lustindarkness on October 09, 2016, 09:43:22 PM
He did not explode so I guess he did well? She did well, but that was expected.

The jail part, the Bill Clinton is the worst women abuser in the history of the world, the my VP is wrong on Syria was pretty close to explosions, but no final melt down.

Eddie Teach

Drink every time they don't answer the question and you end up posting like Siege.  :D
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Liep

Quote from: garbon on October 09, 2016, 09:45:56 PM
Trump didn't do much with Bill Clinton's women. Why go ugly if you aren't going to accomplish anything with it? Clinton didn't even engage with his barb and he never touched it again.

Like he's going to do with the emails and benghazi he's going to claim it never came up in the debate because of media bias.