2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: Berkut on October 05, 2016, 09:27:10 PM
You know you are voting for him, you will find some excuse to do so. You are indistinguishable from Marty in your cheerleading.

:lol:  Berkut keep on Berkuting.

I do nothing to cheerlead Trump.  I do bash Hillary quite a bit here, but onlly because the Woman Cardholder echo chamber needs a healthy dose of it.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on October 05, 2016, 09:20:46 PM
On ESPN just now they ran the one about OMG Trump is mean to fat wimmenz and finished with "Is this the man we being president of our little girls?" or somesuch.  I think the females in my family would survive.

Well yeah, considering you've got no problem telling them that they can't be doctors because girls should just be nurses, they're already prepared for the post-Trumpalyptic world.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

FunkMonk

Apropo of nothing, my favorite thing about democracy is people's rationale for voting how they vote.

My coworker's mom has a friend from Baltimore (black, mind you) who is all aboard the Trump Train. Her reason?

"I'm tired of politicians running the country."

This person voted for Obama both times.  :lol:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

jimmy olsen

Not sure this is going to help the GOP with Asian-American outreach.  :hmm:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJmnLzw8NA4
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney

CountDeMoney

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

derspiess

Seriously, that whole thing.  You just can't make this shit up.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on October 05, 2016, 10:17:26 PM
Seriously, that whole thing.  You just can't make this shit up.

Further proof that it's a form of mental illness, the nature of addiction.  Because no sane person would actually act this way.  :lol:

CountDeMoney

Hey, look who chimed in with a what-fer in their favorite fish wrap.

The New York Times
The Opinion Pages | Letter
From Ralph Nader: Don't Blame Third Parties

OCT. 5, 2016

To the Editor:

"In a Tight Race, Every Party Matters" (editorial, Sept. 27), which declared that "the Green Party is the party of Ralph Nader, who in 2000 drained votes away from Al Gore," reflects your continuing distaste for third parties. Didn't more than 300,000 registered Democratic voters in Florida who voted for George W. Bush drain votes away from Mr. Gore?

How about Gov. Jeb Bush's secretary of state conveniently misidentifying thousands of Floridians as ex-felons, barring them from voting, or her deceptive butterfly ballots, which drained votes from Mr. Gore?

Al Gore, who lost his home state of Tennessee, nonetheless convincingly won the national popular vote. The Electoral College took victory away from him. A political Supreme Court decision (5 to 4) stopped the Florida Supreme Court's order for a statewide recount and selected George W. Bush as president. Blame the Green Party for those sine qua nons?

You should defend competitive elections with more choices instead of deriding candidates exercising their First Amendment rights of free speech, assembly and petition up against ballot access obstruction, harassment of signature-gathering petitioners and draining frivolous lawsuits.

RALPH NADER

Washington

Martinus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 05, 2016, 09:02:51 PM
Quote from: FunkMonk on October 05, 2016, 08:57:32 PM
In other words they got too many of them white folk in Ohio  :yuk: :lol:

Don't laugh;  I read somewhere the other day that the critical swing county demos are actually getting older and whiter in Ohio. 

You subtract all the young people getting the fuck out, as well as all the negros getting killed by the cops, and all that's left is Ed and derfetusfucker.  Basic math.

The Founding Fathers were all old and white. :contract:

CountDeMoney

Founding Fathers....Ed and derfetus. Do we see the drop-off here?