2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 30, 2016, 04:18:53 AM
Quote from: Legbiter on September 30, 2016, 03:56:40 AM
:frusty:

Feeds directly into Trump's "rigged system" narrative.

This makes absolutely no sense at all.

That fits directly into the rest of this election's narrative.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

jimmy olsen

:lol:

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/09/30/opinion/campaign-stops/fat-shamer-in-chief.html?smid=tw-nytopinion&smtyp=cur&_r=0&referer=http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788694&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=766
At 6-foot- 2, the height that he has long given profile writers, Trump weighs 236 pounds, he told Dr. Oz. Not quite Taftian — he ballooned to 354 pounds by his inauguration in 1909 — but not healthy, either. By government guidelines, Trump is obese. In a weasel move to avoid that classification, Trump now says he is 6-foot-3, which makes him merely overweight. How he grew an inch, at the age of 70, is a story that has escaped his hagiographers at Fox.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

HVC

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 30, 2016, 06:14:33 AM
:lol:

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/09/30/opinion/campaign-stops/fat-shamer-in-chief.html?smid=tw-nytopinion&smtyp=cur&_r=0&referer=http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788694&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=766
At 6-foot- 2, the height that he has long given profile writers, Trump weighs 236 pounds, he told Dr. Oz. Not quite Taftian — he ballooned to 354 pounds by his inauguration in 1909 — but not healthy, either. By government guidelines, Trump is obese. In a weasel move to avoid that classification, Trump now says he is 6-foot-3, which makes him merely overweight. How he grew an inch, at the age of 70, is a story that has escaped his hagiographers at Fox.

1909? There can be only one!
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

garbon

Quote from: Liep on September 30, 2016, 04:22:57 AM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 30, 2016, 04:18:53 AM
Quote from: Legbiter on September 30, 2016, 03:56:40 AM
:frusty:

Feeds directly into Trump's "rigged system" narrative.

This makes absolutely no sense at all.

That fits directly into the rest of this election's narrative.

I think we lost the plot a long time ago.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ed Anger

Donald sez to look up the sex tape on the fat chick. But doesn't provide a link.

Bad form Donnie.  :mad:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Phillip V

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 30, 2016, 09:26:21 AM
Donald sez to look up the sex tape on the fat chick. But doesn't provide a link.

Bad form Donnie.  :mad:

Why do I keep letting Trump surprise me. :( Mind continues to be boggled that a major presidential candidate created this headline (on front page of New York Times), let alone it being a month before the vote.

Barrister

I've read there is no sex tape, but that she did pose nude in Playboy at one time.

Which given that Melania posed in Playboy, would be an odd thing for Trump to try and shame her about.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

lustindarkness

Because her life justifies his shaming? Nice.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

viper37

Quote from: Barrister on September 30, 2016, 09:43:29 AM
I've read there is no sex tape, but that she did pose nude in Playboy at one time.
she was in a venezuelan tv reality show and we apparently see her in action, under the sheets.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Berkut

How the fuck is this a topic in the Presidential election?

Is it ok that he called her a pig because she made a sex tape, or didn't make a sex tape?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

CountDeMoney

Who the fuck gives a shit anyway?  Why is a presidential candidate up all night Tweeting like an angry 14 year old girl over shit from 5 days ago?

QuoteThe election is in less than 40 days, and the trailing candidate is still railing about something that his opponent explicitly and strategically wanted to distract him with.  Hillary Clinton wanted to show that he could be baited into tweeting, so she baited him, and he is tweeting.  It's sort of amazing.

:lol: And people want this guy to have the Justice Department at his disposal?  The IRS? The NSA? The CIA?  Hell...Fish and Wildlife?

Malthus

Quote from: Berkut on September 30, 2016, 10:28:09 AM
How the fuck is this a topic in the Presidential election?

Is it ok that he called her a pig because she made a sex tape, or didn't make a sex tape?

I'd say he looks about equally presidential either way.

;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Syt

Trump and Clinton have now both said that Angela Merkel is a world leader they admire.  :huh:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

CountDeMoney

What's wrong with her, other than having tits?

garbon

Quote from: Syt on September 30, 2016, 11:15:19 AM
Trump and Clinton have now both said that Angela Merkel is a world leader they admire.  :huh:

I kind of feel like they have to (/I believe both had said positive things about her in past, despite Trump then assailing her during this campaign). What other world leaders look good (and Americans would know)? I mean Gary Johnson eventually went with a former leader...
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.