2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: HVC on September 29, 2016, 02:56:21 PM
Trump doesn't have the personality type to weather the storm in a debate. He has to react and and strike back, and not doing so would probably give him an aneurism.  It's what got him this far, but it's also what will (hopefully) keep him from going any further.

He relies solely on his own instincts, his gut feelings, his sense of the moment at that moment, accepting no other counsel or direction in addressing his immediate needs.
Then again, so do emotionally disabled 6-year olds.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 29, 2016, 04:14:01 PM
He relies solely on his own instincts, his gut feelings, his sense of the moment at that moment, accepting no other counsel or direction in addressing his immediate needs.
Then again, so do emotionally disabled 6-year olds.

He has read several teleprompter speeches so far.  He does however seem incapable of delivering a pre-approved talking point without a script.

Jacob

Quote from: Barrister on September 29, 2016, 12:36:06 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 29, 2016, 12:32:50 PM
I will relax once the polls get to 10% in the battleground states.

Any theories as to what Donaldo is hiding in his tax returns?

1. He's not as rich as he says;
2. He doesn't pay any tax; and
3. How highly leveraged he is.

He's claims about charity don't line up with with his public claims.

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on September 29, 2016, 09:31:14 AM
The knock on Clinton is not that she tolerated Bill's infidelity, but that she enabled a sexual predator and allegedly threatened his victims.

She's got a little bit of a double-standard going herself.  A few months ago she said all rape victims should be believed.  So why doesn't she believe Juanita Broaddrick?

This is a bit of a double-standard coming from you. She was doing what her husband wanted.  Isn't that what you want a wife to do?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

jimmy olsen

^_^

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/09/trump-foundation-new-york-attorney-general-investigation-228916

N.Y. AG expands probe of Trump's foundation

By Ben Schreckinger

09/29/16 03:25 PM EDT

The New York attorney general is probing Donald Trump's reported use of money from his charitable foundation to settle a private legal dispute, a lawyer for the town of Palm Beach, Florida, confirmed.

The lawyer, John Randolph, said that the attorney general's office contacted him to request documents related to a settlement Trump made with the town of Palm Beach in 2007 over unpaid fines. Last week, the Washington Post reported that Trump settled the dispute by paying $100,000 from the Donald J. Trump Foundation, an apparent violation of self-dealing rules that prevent officers of charitable organizations from using funds for their personal benefit.

Before last week's report, New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman — who is suing Trump for fraud over the business practices of Trump University — revealed he had opened an inquiry into the Trump Foundation over "troubling transactions that have recently come to light."

News that the inquiry had grown to include the Palm Beach settlement was first reported by Talking Points Memo. A spokesman for Schneiderman declined to comment.

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ed Anger

Got my dad a "Hillary for Prison" sign. I'm a good son.  :)

He's gonna put it in the window.  :lol:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Zoupa

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 29, 2016, 07:02:54 PM

Why?

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 29, 2016, 07:02:54 PM

At my kid's football game last week there were like three dudes wearing that shirt :)
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Jacob

USA Today - who've never previously made a recommendation in a presidential election - recommends that its readers do not vote for Trump: http://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2016/09/29/dont-vote-for-donald-trump-editorial-board-editorials-debates/91295020/

Legbiter

Quote from: Jacob on September 30, 2016, 01:22:35 AM
USA Today - who've never previously made a recommendation in a presidential election - recommends that its readers do not vote for Trump: http://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2016/09/29/dont-vote-for-donald-trump-editorial-board-editorials-debates/91295020/

:frusty:

Feeds directly into Trump's "rigged system" narrative.

QuoteWASHINGTON, D.C. -- Americans' trust and confidence in the mass media "to report the news fully, accurately and fairly" has dropped to its lowest level in Gallup polling history, with 32% saying they have a great deal or fair amount of trust in the media. This is down eight percentage points from last year.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/195542/americans-trust-mass-media-sinks-new-low.aspx

Meanwhile the race according to the LAT/USC tracking poll.

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Legbiter on September 30, 2016, 03:56:40 AM
:frusty:

Feeds directly into Trump's "rigged system" narrative.

This makes absolutely no sense at all.